Whatever happened to Nicolas Cage?

I thought he was great in 8mm.

[QUOTE=vivalostwages]
Holy shit, the remake really blew. And so did Cage, sadly–unless you look at the whole thing as an unintentional comedy. Still painful, though. What on earth was he thinking?
[/QUOTE]

Worse yet, he dedicated the movie to the late Johnny Ramone, cause Johnny turned him on to the original. There oughta be a law.

I just don’t think he can pick a script to save his life, or if he can, he’d rather have the payday. Lord of War was fantastic. Weather Man was godawful, and I’d rather clip someone else’s toenails with my teeth than see Windtalkers ever again.

I also think he started phoning it in years ago, not that I blame him. But even his best movie today doesn’t compare to the struggling young actor who ate a live cockroach in Vampire’s Kiss, wasn’t happy with the first take, and told the crew to bring him another. He was awesome once upon a time.

[QUOTE=mack]
Didn’t they try to make NICK CAGE stick back in his action hero heyday? I like him better as Nicolas.
[/QUOTE]

Mmm… I doubt it would have stuck with the Screen Actor’s Guild. There already is a Nick Cage. His screen name is Nicolas Cage because it is unique; his friends may well call him Nick.

It is the same thing you’d find with F. Murray Abraham (whose name is really Frank) or with James Earl Jones, who probably has that screen name because of all the others named James Jones, or Harry Ford (whose screen name is Harrison Ford — because there already is a Harry Ford — and sometimes his screen name is Harrison J. Ford because there’s already another Harrison Ford too.)

[QUOTE=Jophiel]
Huh. I liked that movie. Me and six other people, from the looks of it.
[/QUOTE]

Did you like it enough to make up the 2mil+ you paid for that ticket?
:smiley: