What's a decent First Communion gift?

Those saint bracelets are popular with the teenagers in my area as well. Even the non-religious wear them.

Thanks for all the tips!

Coming in a bit late, but when Moon Unit’s best friend had her First Communion, we bought a silver charm bracelet, and a first-communion charm with the date engraved on it. She can add other charms to commemorate other special events in the future.

I hope for your sake they weren’t the icky Christian ones.

ETA: The worst of them. Also I think there’s an Angry Video Game Nerd video you can look up if you like that sort of thing.

(or you can just take my link.) Just had to figure out the right search terms.

I got Mechanized Attack and The Three Stooges. Is it bad that that’s all I remember? I got a rosary from the church, but don’t remember anything religious from family.

I don’t think they have many Catholic video games. I think you might play as some Catholics in the Left Behind games, but only because they didn’t get raptured due to their evil ways…

Just to repeat what I said in the other thread on this topic: The only gift I can remember from my First Communion was my very first watch. Admittedly, that’s a sign that I am old, because watches don’t thrill kids like they used to, but I would recommend thinking in that direction if you don’t want to go for the cash-in-a-card. Something that says, “Congratulations! You’re growing up!” There will be enough religious-themed gifts on the table, believe me.

I gave my niece 50 bucks; she went and bought a prepaid cellphone.
So, one of those is my vote.

Best wishes,
hh