What's a good snack with beer?

I’ll put this in our food and drink forum.

Moved from IMHO to CS.

Tinned beans on toast. Or nachos. Just don’t have any friends over for a day or two.

I couldn’t agree more!
I’ll have to jump on the wasabi peas bandwagon.
[Homer]mmm…wasabi pea wagon…[/Homer]

Chocolate chip cookies.

Skittles?

What?
:wink:
Hey, Tom Lehrer sang about it: "Spring is here, spring is heeeeere! Time for skittles and time for beeeeeer!

Boiled peanuts.
Yum!

Skittles?!?!?

Didn’t we get the pukey smiley with the upgrade?

You don’t EAT skittles with beer. You PLAY them.

You mean Skittlebrau?

First things first:

Frank is wrong. Ice cream is yummy with beer.

Other good foods with beer:

• Yup, wings.
  • kettle chips, with ranch or bleu cheese dressing to dip.
  • really rich chocolate cake
  • very salty peanuts. Which make you thirsty, requiring more beer. The Circle of Life.

Anything heavily spiced or salted is the perfect thing to go with beer.

Wow! So many replies. You guys sure know how to eat. I see several mentions of Wasabi Peas. Don’t know what they are but I aim to find out shortly. I had to laugh when I saw Balut. Mrs. P is Filipino and I’m definitely familiar with balut. Sorry, but I’ll have to pass on that. As well as ice cream and cookies. Pumpkin seeds and all kinds of nuts are a good choice. As are dried fruits. (but I think I’ll stay away from the dried salted prunes. Yikes!)

Wasabi Peas… (insert Homer noises). Crunchy dried(probably fried, I dunno) green peas coated in wasabi flavoring. Salty, spicy, crunchy, all your beery food needs. We get Wasabi potato chips in Canada, and curry chips too!

Similar to nachos… bite sized tortilla chips with sharp chedder cheese grated over them… then another layer of chips then another layer of chedder… then one more layer of each. Microwave 60 seconds. That and a beer… mmmm.

I’ll second that with an emphasis on the “chocolate” part and not so much the “cookie” part.

Dark chocolate is especially good.

Wasabi peas are available for cheap at Trader Joe’s.
Trader Joe’s - 1840 N Clybourn Ave, Chicago, 60614 - (312) 274-9733
Trader Joe’s - 3745 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, 60613 - (773) 248-4920
Trader Joe’s - 25 N La Grange Rd, La Grange, 60525 - (708) 579-0838

Also available at quality Asian markets.

Stockfish! Its the best, makes your breath smell like a wet dog, mhhhhhhhh :stuck_out_tongue:

Vobla is somewhere in the same ballpark. Definitely not to be taken on public transport unless shrink wrapped.

Dried squid rings are another popular beer snack. Salty and chewy and vaguely crunch all at the same time.

Recipe for Number One Beers Friend

Go to an asian supermarket and get:

1. dried squid - looks and smells gross
  2. cupie doll mayonaise
  3. japaneese chillie sprinkerlers (in a little glass jar with sprinkle holes)

Squeeze some mayonaise into a small bowl and sprinkle with the sprinkle stuff. Toast the dried squid over flame or coals. This makes it tearable. Tear into strips and dip into the mayonaise.

Believe me - this stuff is great. But it makes you smell as if you have been eating cat food, so make sure your friends indulge as well.

If you’re feeling fancy. . .don’t overlook nice cheese with beer. I don’t mean a log of cracker barrel cheddar.

A lot of good cheeses go at least as well with beer as they do with wine. One could start a whole thread on cheeses to eat with beer, but look around, and try some out.

Other than that, I always have a supply of good pretzels in the house. I like anything salty. I don’t like anything sweet.