What's an OBI Strip?

I recently bought a foreign import CD from Japan which has an OBI Strip on it - What does this stand for and what does it mean? Thanks in advance :confused:

A movie of the Jedi from Star Wars giving the camera a belly dance??? :smiley:

Not sure if I understand the question - is “OBI strip” a name of a song, or is there a strip (like a magnetic strip) labelled OBI, or what?

“Obi” in Japanese means a sash, belt or girdle. A long strip of fabric used as a belt. Does that help at all?

I’m not sure of its purpose, but if you collect records or cd’s, you should be sure to keep it either on the cd/record or in a safe place. It’s kinda like saving the box of a collectible toy. Or you could just chuck it out if you aren’t concerned with collectability.

AHEM! Belly dancers are NOT strippers. We do not take off any of our clothes during performances.

Get it right.

I’m sorry. The comment was not intended to offend anyone. It was my bland attempt at humor. Please accept my apology. I am inexperienced with the differences between the two.

All forgiven. It’s an image problem that Belly Dancer’s have to deal with constantly.

Come to Fort Worth sometime and I’ll show you what the difference is. :wink:

Hey, waitaminnit,

On “Gilligan’s Island” one time, Ginger refused to “perform a striptease” when Vito Scotti (or was it Has Conried) asked her to perform a “belly dance.” (He was actually trying to say “Bali,” which she later agreed to.)

And as to the OP:

http://www.wishingwellonline.com/obi.html

You think Gilligan’s Island is a reliable source of information?

Who you gonna believe? Hollywood, or someone who’s studied Belly Dance for ten years?

What? The professor can’t build a radio out of coconuts? I think you should apologize to your TV.

To get back on the subject:

In Japanese record stores, only the obi strips are displayed. They give all the information on the record
or CD–artist, title, songs price. It saves space and
is an anti-shoplifting device. You have to ask for
the product.

Keep the obi strip. They tend to get lost, and CDS are
worth more with it. It’s mentioned on ebay all the time:
obi strip included.

A good site for this is http://www.obiland.com. A California
CD store specializing in Japanese imports.