What's on your menu for today (Thanksgiving)?

Last year I made my own eggnog from scratch.

This time out I bought the stuff in a carton, added rum and grated nutmeg and it seems just as good.

The lazy gourmet strikes again.

My guess is that Qadgop and family went to a high-end buffet for Thanksgiving. :smiley:

MY BIL is doing his fried turkeys, and I’ve been tapped for green bean casserole* and the “family recipe” cheese ball.

Mom actually clipped the recipe out of a magazine in 1960-something, and, quite frankly, it’s about the only cheeseball I (or anyone I know of) can stand; most store-bought cheese balls/cheese logs are hard, waxy, blocks of notionally cheese-flavored…crap.

*The basic green bean casserole, found on the back of almosy every can of Durkee’s Fried Onions, is kinda…plain. I punch it up a bit with my own twists. It’s amazing what a little paprika, garlic, and bacon or ham can do to a green bean casserole.

A little late with the reply but here’s a photo of what we had.

From left to right, apple pie in the far corner and green bean casserole beside it. Front left we have hot buttered rolls and behind that is the butter dish next to the (already carved) turkey (we carve it before we bring it to the table, and pile all the meat on a plate–which is what you see there). Stuffing is front and in the middle and behind that is mashed potatoes and with a cherry pie hanging out there behind that.
Next to that (far right) is candied yams.
Not shown (was added to the table right after I took this photo): plate of cranberry sauce and big sauce boat full of brown gravy. Yes, although the photo looks like the table is near full, we found the room…somehow.

They eat big in prison, it would appear. :slight_smile:

Google is our friend. Here is where QTM went.

http://www.americanclubresort.com/MungoBlobs/879/306/Grand_Hall_Thanksgiving_Menu_2013.pdf