What's really happening with "GreenBags"?

This is an infomercial where they hype spacial baggies that keep fruits and vegetables fresh for unbelievable time periods. They claim the bags “absorb the gas given off by the fruit”.
Now I know there is such a gas, and in fact the plum and peach board (whatever it’s name is) recommends buying firm fruit in the store and putting them in paper bags to ripen in their own gas. Ok, so the gas is real.
But can a baggie really absorb it?
Is there some other thing that might be happening, like tiny holes? I know some fruit like grapes and some salad greens come in bags with holes. Is that the whole trick here? And couldn’t you get the same effect by leaving the bags slightly open?

[sub][Please ignore typos, forgot to proof read after edits][/sub]

FYI the gas is ethylene.

Evert Fresh bags

Inside out freshness? Sounds like spoilage to me!

Going to the trouble of mining remote Japanese caves seems a bit much. It’s not as if ethylene removal is rocket science.

"As they work, environmentally friendly Power Pellets are transformed naturally into an organic fertilizer (manganese dioxide). "

Yum ?

And then you are supposed to turn the bags inside out for a few more uses, thus putting organic ferilizer on the outside of the bag and spreading it around the fridge?

That is so weird.

Hey, hey;

I have been using such bags for a couple of months now. They cost $20 for 35 bags of differing sizes, so I figured I’d give I try. I hate it when my food goes off before I can eat it.

And I have to say, as skeptical as I was, they do actually work. I currently have a head of lettuce in my crisper, in a green bag, which is a month old. Still crispy and fresh like I just bought it. (Brown where I’ve already cut into it, and the outermost leaf is a tad wilted but otherwise lovely.)

I felt a little guilty when I bought them. I mean, I’ll never use 35 bags. So I’ve been spreading them around to my friends, who are also surprised that they work so well. Some things works better than others, bean sprouts not so much, but everything else I am impressed with.

I had tiny delicate asparagus that I kept for over two weeks and it was perfect. You simply could not tell a difference at all.