What's The Alternative To A Wristwatch?

What olpeculiar and yabob said. I don’t wear a watch, and haven’t in years. Occasionally I’ll put one on for the look, say if I’m wearing a jacket and tie or whatever. But otherwise, it’s bare wrist, and no replacement timepiece (I infrequently carry a cell phone for work; it doesn’t count).

There are always clocks about to which you can refer. And when I recognized there was one place in my life that didn’t, specifically my car (no dashboard clock), I got a digital readout and stuck it to the dash. Problem solved.

Once a month, I have to stop a stranger and ask for the time. Once a month. At most. A small price to pay for Free-Wristin’. :slight_smile:

Try it for a while. See what you think.

Well, simply placing the affliced watch into a pocket worked for me for years. And yes, it’s a bit “make-do” but not quite as obvious as the sticking plaster on the specs. Of course, the troube comes if you take the watch OUT of pocket, put it down somewhere…now I know it is “somewhere” but not where.

I find the opposite true for me - with a digital watch, I know what time it is instantly, without having to look at the hands and think “OK, this 5 really means 5, but the 6 that the other hand is pointing to really means 30, and it’s halfway between 6 and 7, so it’s probably about 5:32.”

Apparently you no longer need a wristwatch as

So said graffiti on a street sign.

It’s hard to look like Phileas Fogg wearing jeans. Or cargo shorts. Or just business casual attire.