Not looking for medical advice, as I couldn’t afford it anyway
I hate cancer, and I’ve had lots of people in my family get sick and/or die from cancer. I would love to be able to have a once a year full cancer screening that goes beyond just a pap smear and skin check. What could I do to put together the Ultimate Cancer Screening?
Here’s what I was thinking:
- Yearly skin check by a dermatologist
- Yearly pap smear/prostate check (depending on gender, obviously)
- Electron beam tomogrophy? Does those do any good? I have heard that they uncover all sorts of little things that are nothing, and require useless further tests.
- Brain scan? Is once a year too much radiation?
- Blood tests? What can they detect?
Really, the point would be to catch the cancers that start with too little symptoms, and then balloon into a deadly cancer - and by the time you know something is wrong, it’s too late.