What's the furthest you've ever been from home?

What, no Dopers who have been in space?

10,454 miles (16,824 km)- Washington, DC area to Adelaide, Australia.

2433 miles (3916 km)- Washington, DC area to San Francisco area.

I was born in Toronto, ON, Canada.

1. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from your birthplace?

Perth, WA, Australia: 11282 miles; 18156 km.

1. What’s the furthest you’ve ever lived from your birthplace?

Calgary AB, Canada: 1421 miles, 2287 km.

1. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from your place of residence during the time you were there?

See question 1.

1. Don’t know the distance, but I’m from Spain and was in Argentina once.
  2. If you count lived as “paid rent”, then Miami. If you count “spent 30+ days in the same country, even if not at the same address” (the definition used by the Spanish government) then Mexico (Puebla and Toluca).
  3. The visit to Argentina was while paying rent in Philadelphia. My first visit to the US (New Hampshire) was while paying rent in Barcelona.
  1. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from your birthplace? Van Wert, OH to Alice Springs, NT - 9916.62 miles ( I think Ayer’s Rock Resort was actually farther, but I can’t get the distance calculator to find it.)
  2. What’s the furthest you’ve ever lived from your birthplace? Van Wert, OH to Bridgewater, VA - 344.02
  3. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from your place of residence during the time you were there? Same as number 1.
  1. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from your birthplace?

5400 km, as the crow flies (Saint John, New Brunswick to Girona, Catalonia, Spain)

1. What’s the furthest you’ve ever lived from your birthplace?

2379 km, as the crow flies (Saint John, New Brunswick to Winnipeg, Manitoba)

1. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from your place of residence during the time you were there?

5924 km, as the crow flies (Montreal, Quebec to Girona, Catalonia, Spain)