What's the most important event or person that nobody's made a movie about?

And he lived to age 96.

The same thing can now be said for the death of Bin Laden.

Well there is this:

Some may question the historical accuracy, however.

From British history, The Peasants’ Revolt. It’d make a great movie - tons of action, what with the burning down of half of London including Winchester Palace (the Bishop of which makes a credible bad guy, owning prostitutes and the like), intrigue, a central character, Wat Tyler, who arose from nowhere, a very young King coming into his own, and ending in betrayal and murder. It’d probably appeal to those who like Game of Thrones.

Frederick Russell Burnham, a baby in the middle of an Indian massacre, adventurer in the Wild West, fought in Britain’s colonial war.

Gordon Bennett, scandalized New York society and lived it up in fin de siècle Paris.

Wilson Mizner, turn of the century con man and early Hollywood screenwriter.

Roman Von Ungern Sternberg, White Russian general who terrorized Mongolia

Two-Gun Cohen, Canadian Jewish gangster who became a Chinese General

I’m not saying nobody’s ever done a film or offering a specific event to look at, but I wouldn’t mind seeing something involving the Byzantine Empire. Not Rome in general including the east, nor older Greek history.

The descriptions are kind of vague, but it looks like a good number of his kills were using a Suomi KP/-31 SMG.

He didn’t use a scope by choice. He thought it raised his profile too much.

Sans a partial jaw.

Thanks for the reading material.

Jodorwosky’s surreal masterpiece The Holy Mountain recreates the conquest of Mexico with frogs. The result is deeply moving.

I studied the Battle of Leyte Gulf several years ago and one of the first things that occurred to me was that “this thing is almost tailor made to be a movie”. Although to do it properly would probably take too long. Within the battle, just the battle of Surigao Strait by itself would be an incredible movie.

Also, the story of Black Sabbath.

IIRC you are referring not to a Star Trek movie but to the final two part episode of the ST:TNG series, All Good Things (Part 1 & 2).

I’ve had a dream for a while about making a movie about this event in fairly recent American history.

I have neither the skills nor the capital to make even a low-budget production, though.

St. Urho driving the grasshoppers out of Finland to save the Finnish grape crops.

Viking colonization of North America; it lasted two years until the Native Americans got pissed and kicked them the hell out.

The Mongol invasion of Poland (happened several times, actually).

It’s apparently tripe but Pathfinder (2007) seems to somewhat cover this.

I guess there has been, but I don’t actually know of any movies about the Wright Brothers.

Alberto Santos-Dumont. Extremely eccentric Brazilian aviator from the early days. While in Paris, he designed airplanes and blimps, one of which he was said to have flown to cafes, leaving it tied up outside. Though I don’t care for him, it’s a part with Johnny Depp written all over it.

I’ve not seen a movie about when the idea of the Sun and planets circling the Earth and Moon became the Sun at the center of the Universe. This new idea was controversial because the Bible said the Earth was at the center of the Universe (because the stars ‘didn’t move’), so any hypotheticals about the Earth not being at the center were heinous blasphemy.

I was thinking that Prophet Muhammad was a good candidate, but I was wrong.

Interesting facts about his depiction in the movie (from the above wikipedia article). Apparently the film is about him, but we never see or hear him in the movie. Instead light organ music is used to signify him. His supposed words are repeated by other characters for the benefit of the viewers.

As did Valhalla Rising, which went the arty direction.

Harriet Tubman. I’ve brought this point up before, because it would be a wonderful drama, plus providing good roles for African-American actors/actresses.

Oh, and someone suggested Burr/Hamilton. No movie yet, but there’s a Broadway musical playing to rave reviews about Alexander Hamilton’s life and death. It’s called Hamilton. Interestingly, due to non-traditional casting, it also has lots of good roles for African-American actors. (Who, I believe, play all or almost all of the major roles, including Hamilton.)

How about Putin … he would make a great story to tell even while still alive.

Just write three different endings in case something happens before you can finish the film.

Lives to be 103
Over thrown in a coup
Moves to Sweden with his new boyfriend

Seriously though someone is going to make it, “Putin” wins or “Putin” loses