What's the third word?

I heard this riddle a few years ago that mentions something about there being 3 words in the English language that end in -gry. Angry is one of them and so is hungry. What is the third word? I was thinking it was a trick riddle to where the answer is actually “language” because it is the 3rd word in “the English language that end in -gry.” I was told I was wrong by the person that told me the riddle and to this day still won’t tell me the answer. Was he right about me being wrong, or was I right after all and he didn’t really know the answer himself? Anyone that knows the answer, please tell me already.

uh oh. here we go.

Take a look at this

What are the three English words ending in -gry?

HighSoci, welcome. Please be advised that this question has been asked ad infinitum here, so people are going to give you flak for this.

A well a don’t you know about the bird?
Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word!
A well a bird, bird, b-bird’s the word

I don’t that newbies don’t search, and I know that the search function doesn’t work for three letter words in any case…

But. Could the mods insert a special search function so that a search for gry actually turns up the umpty-zillion threads we’ve already have?

Who knows? It might help.

What is it about that one riddle that seems to draw people here?

It’s weird.

Welcome to the SDMB, HighSoci. We appreciate it if you search Cecil’s columns before starting a thread. To go to the archive page and search engine, click on http://www.straightdope.com/columns/

Since this has been covered by Cecil and discussed ad nauseam in this forum in the past, I’ll close this thread.

bibliophage
moderator GQ