What's the worst thing you ever told your father?

1. I’m sorry you don’t approve of drinking, Dad, but I do it responsibly. It’s not my fault you and Mom are alcohol-phobics just because both your parents were alcoholics. I mean, K and J (siblings) and I are rage-phobic because of you, but that doesn’t mean I expect you to stop your violent inexcusable behavior. You’re going to continue to be a violent asshole who uses his size and power to hurt the people you love, and I’m going to keep having a drink when I feel like it.

followed closely by:

1. No, Dad, I don’t really consider myself a Christian anymore, and yes, I believe we came from monkeys.

and

1. You’re just like your father. (long story)

After a traumatic “coming out” experience:
“People like you are the reason why people like me become drug users.”

Ouch.

Ditto.

Or possibly that my marriage was over.

On a lighter note…

"Dad, the car’s boiling over. Also, the fan isn’t turning. And the radiator appears to be sort of split down the midde. And it would seem that there’s a chunk of the frame sticking through it.

On the ground? Well, there’s green, and red, and black…"

I was doing whoopdie-doos with his stationwagon and I goofed up my timing just a wee bit. The car came down on a hill of dirt and tore the whole underside of the front of the car to bits. Frame pushed into the radiator, radiator pushed into the fan, fan pushed into the engine, etc. I’m still driving it today, though with a few new parts. :cool:

Gee, let’s see.

That phone call from jail didn’t go over too well. Why couldn’t my mom have answered the damn phone?

Telling him I was an alcoholic was kind of a drag. He thought at the time that if I could just get my shit together, I’d be ok. Sorry, wrong answer!

But I have made my amends with him and him with me, and we are like two peas in a pod now!

The Oklahoma City bombing. I was the first person in my family to find out about it.

Er…me neither. Was this a way of saying he was cold? Or boring?

overly serious, humorless, “hard-boiled”

Telling my dad my boyfriend and I were moving in together was really tough because I knew they didn’t approve (didn’t really care though) and then 3 months later telling them I was pregnant and getting married in 3 weeks was worse. That was 1997… in June 1999 I got divorced and my parents didn’t know about it until November 1999. They never cared enough about me to ask me what was going on in my life or how I was doing so I never bothered to tell them. :frowning:

My family treats me more like an acquaintance than a daughter/sister. I’ve always been the black sheep of the family and that’s probably why. My parents will bend over backwards for my two brothers and their families but they act like my family is invisible and doing anything for us or with us is a burden. I’m glad my in-laws are so wonderful… they make up for my own fucked up family. :frowning: :mad:

1. “You’re the one who’s an idiot!” (this after I’d had enough of him calling me an idiot all the time)

2. “Um, Dad… I got busted for shoplifting at the mall, and I kind of need a ride home…” (to which he sighed and answered: “What are we going to do with you?”) [side note: six weeks later, my sister got busted for shoplifting at the same mall, and my parents blamed it on my bad influence… I don’t think so!]

3. “Shut up right now!” (after this long argument that wasn’t going anywhere at all… things went even more downhill after that)

“Sorry I can’t go fishing with you, dad, but I’m kinda busy this weekend.”

I’d give my right arm for just one more fishing trip with my dad. I miss him a lot.

Goodbye
:frowning: