What's up with hating Ben Affleck?

It’s just something about him! Indeed, he’s cute, and when he first made it big I admit I had a crush on him. But he does seem like, well, a sell-out, as cliche as it is to hate someone for that. He used to do small, interesting films (particularly note his aforementioned work with Kevin Smith) and now he seems to have switched to ultraforgettable action films. Things like Armageddon and the other, even less noteworthy action-y movies he’s done just irritate me. I’m generally a fan of more thoughtful works, and it bugs me to see an actor who’s not bad (if admittedly no Sidney Poitier) decide he wants to make movies about saving the earth from asteroids instead.

He did. Won the $5,000 no limit event at the Bike in Los Angeles this summer.

Yup, it’s over-exposure, which is precisely the reason why I loathe Paris Hilton.

I like him (well, I don’t dislike him) and even so, I got sick to death of every single move he made being leaked when he was with J-Lo. I’m convinced that she is the “leak”, and it’s all in the name of self-promotion. I loved it when Gwyneth Paltrow - Ben’s ex fiancee - put paid to his and J-Lo’s bitching about how they couldn’t get married because the press hounded them by secretly getting married in the venue they were planning to use without the press catching on until it was over and done with.

Okay, I know I said earlier in the thread that I typically don’t get worked up about celebrities but Paris Hilton is one of about a half dozen that really annoys me and it has more to do with the glaringly transparent self-promotion than it does her media overexposure which she, of course, feeds. I HATE people that’re pretty much famous for only being famous. True, she now has those two vapid wastes of air-time that was The Simple Life and The Simple Life 2 but before that, what the hell did she do except wear a mini skirt without panties on so that the papparazzi could take a stomach churning close up of her crotch?

I’ll tell you why Ben Affleck is an ass! He is a basically mediocre actor, with a highschool diploma from Cambridge (MA) High. Armed with this less-than-impressive credentals, he proceeds to lecture all of us dummies about the world and the horrible crimes of Gerge Bush. He has such a deep grasp of the world situation, that he can’t help telling us how wrong we are!
All this from an idiot who never voted, has no understanding of the world outside Hollywood, and has never worked a job in his life.
Fuck him! Hope he joins the “B-Movie” crowd, and winds up on TV infomercials!

Wow.

I love Ben Affleck. He’s made a ton of bad movies, but so have a lot of people. If somebody paid me $20 million, I’d star in bad movies too. And talk about politics, because I care about politics and because I have as much right to as anyone else.

As for the JLo thing, who can say? None of my business, really. People over the age of 15 who care that much who’s dating who are sad, sad people.