What's your exercise routine?

Dance Dance Revolution. I just bought the home version and the dance pad. Endurance, here I come!

Twenty minutes on my exercise bike every day; climbing the stairs at work unless I’m lugging heavy stuff.

That’s it.

white-tigeress, I know what you mean. I’m so lazy, I haven’t taken advantage of my campus’s gym. A few months ago I tried running around the perimeter of the campus(I used to jog in high school, but I haven’t for 4 years). It was pathetic. I made it about 2 blocks before I had to stop. I was so out of breath, and even wlaking the rest of the way didn’t reduce my heartrate or breathing much. That’s when I knew there was a problem. I just recently ordered Buns of Steel from Half.com, and that’s my workout routine. Goal: less ass, and to be able to not collapse when I jog.

I’ve been working out for about 4 months now. Goal was to loose weight, and get back into something resembling good shape. When I started on the treadmill, it was all I could do to do some of the “light” intensity pre-programed workouts on the treadmill. At that point, the part where I had to go at 4.5MPH for 6 minutes about killed me. Took me 2 weeks to work up to where I could do that part without having to slow it down. Now, I usually run between 2 to 3 miles per day, at least 5 days a week. Sometimes 6, depending on how the week goes. My time is around 29:20 for the three miles, and I can sprint a mile in just over 8 minutes now. My goal for running is to get back down to the times I had when I ran Cross Country in HS. About 22 minutes for the 3 miles. ( I know…I was a lousy runner in HS). After the run, I usually do sit ups and push ups. I’m averaging about 2 sets of 35 sit ups, and 20 pushups. I was actually doing more, but then I changed the way I was doing them, to make it a tad harder.

Like some other posters have said, I absolutly hate running and the exercise. It’s the fact that I don’t feel that I should be so out of shape at 30 that drives me…and wanting to look good naked :slight_smile:

So far I’ve lost 35 lbs, with about another 15 to 20 to go.

We’ve been going to the Y for about 2 weeks now - it’s a family affair. We all get over there about 5:20 in the morning for 20 minutes on the bikes. At that point, I have to hit the shower and head for the office. I do this Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. Weds is my day of rest, along with the weekend. I’ll go back after work on Mon and Thurs, to do upper body exercises, Tues and Fri will be lower body. I’ve got a workout sheet where I can record reps and weights used.

My goal is to live another 48 years. Short term, we’ll be building our next house ourselves, and I need to be in better condition to be of any help. So I’ve got 2 years to beat myself into shape. And any tonnage that’s shed is merely a bonus.