What's Your Favorite Hangover Food?

Menudo and lemonade.

A “Mousetrap” - Marmite and melty Sharp cheddar on toast. Washed down with a gigantic lemonade. You’ll be out mowing the lawn an hour later.

Long John Silvers, Bloody Mary.

I’m getting a little sick just thinking about eating some of this stuff on a hangover. Yikes. Since I’ve been civilized, I haven’t been really hung over, but for me it was always cranberry juice and maybe some dry toast or crackers. Dairy products are right out.

Juevos rancheros and red beer. As in, beer and tomato juice.
Mmmmmmm…

Menudo and a Bloody Mary. Or a Bloody Mary and a bowl of green. Or a Bloody Mary & the spiciest, saltiest, greasiest thing I can scrounge up.

Mmmm, I’ll have to make green chile and then tie one on this weekend! :smiley:

I’ll start with a quart to a gallon of Gatorade when I get out of bed. Lemon-Lime or Citrus. Then off to IHOP for two eggs over easy, sausage, ham, bacon, hash browns, and toast. Buttered. Maybe another side of eggs and bacon.

I think we’re talking about two different stages of hangovers here. When you’re still in the “look at me wrong and I’m heaving” stage, no, you don’t want greasy/salty/sugary food. After you’re done that stage, though, and you’re in the “I’m not sick, but I just ain’t right yet” stage, that’s when you need to hit the drive-through.

Word… they don’t call it medicinal marijuana for nothin’ …

(Atomicktom, you ever been to California? They have just your kind of local congressmen there :wink: )

I think you’ve been Whooshed. :smiley:

I haven’t had the pukes in a long long time, just the morning “ain’t quite got my sealegs” feeling. I usually have ramen noodles with some Vietnamese garlic-chili sauce (this is key), a quesadilla or grilled cheese sandwich, lime Gatorade, and some more Excedrin if I need it. I drink the Gatorade throughout the day if it’s really gnarly. I usually have aspirin and a large glass of water before I hit the sack though, so I don’t even get hungover very often.

It’s been a long time since I’ve had one, but I needed a Moons Over My Hammy plate from Denny’s. Failing that, a very large order of McDonald’s fries.

So, basically, grease.

I think I’m seeing a common theme among most of these, including mine: grease. By lining the stomach, would it have some sort of anesthetizing effect?

This reminds me of someone I knew way back in Texas who would always eat a big greasy hamburger at a certain drive-in before starting his night’s session. He said the grease lined his stomach and was a hangover preventative.

Well, that’s what he said anyway.

An old roommate had a bartender’s guide from the 1960s. It recommended drinking a quarter-cup of olive oil before heavy drinking commenced. The idea was exactly that the grease would line your stomach and keep you from getting a hangover. Yuck!

Cheetos and 2 cans of coke. I swear it works.