What's your favorite rendition of "Baby It's Cold Outside"?

Went into Starbucks yesterday and got myself a beverage and a CD. The CD was a holiday compilation that started out with that old wintertime chestnut, “Baby, It’s Cold Outside,” this version sung by Willie Nelson and Norah Jones. Promising pairing, I thought to myself, and it wasn’t bad, but not my favorite version – that honor goes to the Leon Redbone/Zooey Deschanel version on the Elf soundtrack.

My brother, on the other hand, prefers a version Louis Armstrong did with some lady whose name I forget – a version that in my opinion takes way too many liberties with the lyrics and generally replaces smooth seduction with gravelly goofiness.

I know there are a lot of versions of this song out there – why not share your favorite? Post a link if you can.

I actually can’t stand that version at all. I prefer this one from the movie. I like Zooey well enough, but I prefer Will Ferrel’s voice with hers.

I think my favorite would have to be Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson’s, although I don’t really like her voice in it. It’s ok, but a bit too breathy in the beginning. I have yet to find my perfect version. Maybe if Jason Mraz did it with Zooey Deschanel?

I liked the original (?) version from Neptune’s Daughter (1949).

The version Brian Setzer did with Ann Margaret is pretty good. Hear a brief extract here: http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Cold-Outside-Duet-Ann-Margaret/dp/B000RG8VBM.

Just to add a few links:
From Neptune’s Daughter from where it won the oscar.
And this is where I think I first heard the song…not the best performed version, but 70s TV was strange.

Turns out the lady was Velma Middleton. Here’s a link.

Satchmo and Velma’s craptastic version

Listening to it again, I remembered that almost as much as the blown lyrics and goofy ad-libbing, I also hate how SLOOOOOOOWWWWW they sing it. Tortoise tempo.

Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme, hands down. I grew up on Steve and Eydie and still love them.

I haven’t heard all those versions, but I can’t imagine anything topping the Dean Martin version. I don’t know who is doing the chick part, but she’s really good too.

Dinah Shore and Buddy Clark. That gal could put a sexy lilt into anything, let me tell you.

I don’t have a particular favorite, just a least favorite which is Zooey Deschanel & Leon Redbone. I can’t stand her voice.

Rudolph Nureyev and Miss Piggy

My favourite: Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews.

I like the version done by Vanessa Williams and Bobby Caldwell.

Nobody’s mentioned Blossom Dearie’s? I don’t know who the male vocalist is/was in her version, but it’s my definite favourite.

Liz Phair and Wheat? That might be interesting.

OOh, seconded. Just the right amount of lech and innocence.

I’m fond of the rendition by Margaret Whiting & Johnny Mercer – two fine singers. I’d love to hear the whole song by Esther Williams and Ricardo Montalban. Anyone have a link?

Selma Blair and Rainn Wilson! Excellent!

The version I grew up on is the Bette Midler & James Caan version from the movie For the Boys. (Fifteen second snippet.) My mom had the soundtrack cassette in the car, and I probably heard that song hundreds of times.

I came in to post this one. It’s definitely my favorite.