What's your favorite sight gag from The Simpsons?

Sign behind the Kwik-E-Mart Guru:
The Master Knows All

(Except combination to safe)

:smack: Right, right…makes much more sense that way.

Two from the same episode (“Sweet Seymour Skinner’s Baadasssss Song”):

1. Apu looks up in horror as a mortar shell from Fort Springfield approaches his newly installed gas pumps. Cut to Bart and Skinner in conversation…during which the “K” from the Kwik-E-Mart sign lands in the background.

2. “Teach Me.”

This is one of my favorites.

I can’t really think of any except the episode where Bart is on the phone with Chief Wiggum and Wiggum asks him where he is and Bart says, “123 Fake street.” and then next we see Wiggum and Lou with their guns drawn standing outside a building with an address sign of 123 Fake St.

Homer and Flanders get married in Vegas:

Wife 1: “Don’t ever try to marry us again!”
Wife 2: “Yeah - we found some guys that know how to treat a woman!” ::gestures towards Siegfried and Roy::

The tigers glance at each other and roll their eyes. :slight_smile:

I liked that one so much it’s my location. :slight_smile:

A recurring one: just about any time a Simpson goes down into the basement, you’ll somewhere see the massive stone head of Xtapolapocetl, the Olmec god of war. Mr. Burns gave it to the Simpson family after Bart donated his blood to Burns. Makes me smile when I see that it’s still hanging around.

I also like the odd things that show up when they pan from floor to floor, or through the earth. Examples: sometimes when they’ve panned between the first and second floors of the Simpson house, you’ll see a mysterious satchel of money, or an FBI listening device, or a snake. Once there were even what appeared to be dinosaurs hatching from eggs. And in another episode, maybe the one where Bart was stuck in the well, panning down to the bottom of the shaft they dug revealed that they narrowly missed digging up a flying saucer with an alien skeleton inside. And I just found a page that claims to list them all.

Concur.

The beauty salon, “Hairy Shearers.”

From “Krusty Gets Kancelled”: During Krusty’s comeback special, he shoots Luke Perry out of a cannon, but misses the safety net. Perry crashes through the studio window, through the Springfield Museum of Sandpaper, through the Kwik-E-Mart right where Apu is stacking jars of acid, then lands safely in a pillow factory. A second later the camera pulls back and we see the pillow factory destroyed in a controlled demolition.

The “A is A” sign in the Ayn Rand daycare.

The Alfred Hitchcock cameo just outside the daycare center…

Another great one: when Homer has the pet crows and tells them to “go do his bidding.” They fly off, then come back seconds later with donuts, potato chips, a beer and Playdude magazine.

Also, this from the same episode.

I don’t get it?

“Mmm…pistol whip…”

The air conditioner store across the street from Moe’s Tavern and the musical instrument store:
It Blows

(episode where Homer buys Lisa’s saxomaphone)

Chuck’s Fuck & Suck

Can’t remember the episode, but somebody is flicking through a Yellow Pages (or whatever the American equivalent is), and there’s an advert for stripograms that says:

“If we send your daughter - it’s free!”

This one may be the Simpsons gag that made me laugh the hardest period:

Milhouse passes a note to Nelson from Lisa that says “Someone Likes you.” Nelson looks back and sees Milhouse waggle his eyebrows at him. Smash cut to Milhouse beaten to a pulp being wheeled out in an ambulance.

Here it is!

What I came to post.

Joe

Homer borrows money from Patty and Selma, on condition that they not tell Marge. They do, Homer gets mad, and kicks them out of the house. Marge is trying to soothe Patty and Selma, saying “Homer’s a complicated man…” Homer then leans out of the second floor window, yells “Wrong!” And smashes a dinner plate over his own head.

I love that head-smasing…

Joe

Reminds me of this one: I’ll see you in Hell, dinner plate

Lisa’s worried about her intelligence slowly declining, as Homer’s has (he’s shown earlier in the episode, with Bart, playing a game where they wear pots on their heads and run into each other). To cheer her up, Homer brings in a gaggle of distant relatives to show that the stupid is not genetic. The men all turn out to be disappointments, but the women do not.

As Lisa is discussing this with said relatives, there’s a shot of the men playing the same pots-on-heads game shown earlier. :smiley: