What's Your "Soylent Green" Send-Off Music/Film?

Music? Johnny Cash’s Why Me Lord? which is on American IV, I think.

Recorded media wouldn’t cut it for me; I’d like to be played out live by the Blue Man Group.

Profisiscere, anima Christiana from The Dream of Gerontius will do very nicely, thank you. My 1964 Barbirolli recording has Kim Borg’s idiosyncratic pronunciation to give it extra flavour, and I’d struggle to imagine it any other way, although some years ago I heard Willard White do it on BBC and he was very much to the point too.

If I’m still alive by the time that finishes, we can cut straight to the final section, Softly and gently, dearly ransomed soul, as performed by Janet Baker on the same recording.

I’ll just close my eyes and see the pictures for myself, thanks.

Selections from Strauss’ Eine Nacht in Venedig and Lehar’s The Merry Widow.

Lament from Evita, and a panaramic view of Broadway.

Visuals, people, visuals. Only about 25% of you have come up with visuals, and the Death Guy is not going to inject the poison if you just give him the audio.

Thelma & Louise driving off the cliff set to The James Gang’s The Bomber.

Music: Saint-Saens’ 3rd Symphony (“Organ Symphony”)

Visuals: How about a montage of fantasy martial arts scenes, such as from the movies Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Hero, House of Flying Daggers, etc. (With a focus on the feminine and the beautiful)

Visuals? I don’t want any. I just want to listen to my music, close my eyes, and watch favourite memories in my mind’s eye as I drift away.