When did you realize something was dirty?

I never knew the word Cunt was a euphinism for female genatalia. Over here, and in England, we throw that word around like confetti. Its a very popular swear. Dont believe me? Watch any of those horrible mockney movies that appeared like a rash a few years ago, you cunts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyhoo, I dont know what it was that made me realise, but I do know that it happened sometime in the past five or so years. And of course, earlier than that, the word Fuck was just a verb/noun/adjective, as in fuck off you fucking fuck head. Then it became TO fuck, as in to fuck some girl, as in have sex. Y’know. Before then, it was fuck off, you cunt, not I’m gonna fuck this girls cunt. :eek:

I was in the fifth grade and had stayed up late one night and watched an episode of Saturday Night Live, back when Jane Curtin and Dan Akroyd would anchor the news. I heard Dan utter the famous line “Jane, you ignorant slut.” I thought it was funny but I had no idea what it meant. I just thought it was nonsense words.

The next day while I was riding in the car with my Mom I thought I’d try out my new line, so I let loose with “Mom, you ignorant slut!” She was not at all amused.

I looked it up in the dictionary at school the following day. Man, was I embarassed. :o

My Dad did a stint as the Chief Medical Officer on the U.S. David Ray. Anyway, when he got back he had T-Shirts for me and my sister. I was about 12 and she was 10.

The shirt had a funny cartoon picture of a guy wringing the neck of a chicken. The caption (in large script) was “Any Day Is Chicken-Choking Day on the U.S. David Ray.”

I had no idea what that referred to until I was in college.

I thought it had the same meaning in England. There was once a
street in London which was once called “Gropecunt Lane.” The name was later with the name later changed into the more polite “Grub Lane”.

Has the word “cunt” changed in meaning in England recently, or is it just used so often it’s lost its shock value?

We got the same problem with ‘tush.’ Apparently it’s a lot less innocent on your side of the pond than it is on ours.

DD

Euphemism, or dysphemism? It’s still pretty vulgar, right, you just thought it was a general swear?

Not to mention fanny. The British fanny is on the opposite side of the body from the US one. Over there, they have (had) “bum bags.”

Yeah, I just thought it was a general swear.

Just like the British to drive on the wrong side of the road.

“cunt” is rarely used in the US and is far and away the most offensive curse word, IMO.

When I was in junior high school (13 maybe) my older sister came home crying because a boy called her “the ‘c’ word”. I didn’t figure out what that word was until years later.