When it rains sick cats, it pours

Awww, man. I hope it’s not too expensive.

$400 for the procedure, which she had this morning. Her chest x-rays are getting worse, but otherwise there’s no news yet.

So, it still could be heartworm, asthma, cancer, or an infection.

Crap.

Ah, jeez. It’s heartbreaking not knowing what’s wrong with your baby and having to watch them as the doctors try to figure it out. One of the few times I truly wish the kitties could speak for themselves.

My sympathies and best wishes.

Mine as well. :frowning:

Thanks.

They gave her a shot of a short-acting steroid and she’s positively perky. She’s bouncing around the house like a stripey lamb.

Everyone at the vet had to tell us how cute she is. Of course, I agree! :slight_smile:

Well, it’s asthma. Anyone have experience dealing with asthma in cats?

Feline Asthma

Do not link on the tribute page. Just, don’t.

Cats have the same options as people. Steroids, nebulizers, … The site suggests acupuncture as a complementary treatment option.

The first step is in identifying the likely triggers, which could be anything from stress to smoke to litterbox dust.

Is Orson eating again?

I know this is a month old, but brilliant!

Orson is doing better. Thanks for asking. He’s lying on my foot right now, trying to look pathetic so I’ll give him treats. It’s working. :smiley:

Dickens is being started on twice a day prednisone, tapering off to once every other day. We can get pills in her, but not liquids, so the bottle of theophylline we bought is going to waste.

It’s been extremely hot here, so I have a little bit of hope that the heat and humidity are getting to her some and she’ll feel a bit better when it slacks off.

She’s a beautiful cat.