When was the last time you took a bath instead of a shower and why did you do so?

I love a nice hot bath with scented water, assuming there’s a comfortable tub. Mine isn’t, so I usually opt for a shower.

Rollercoaster convention, sore muscles, and a spa tub in the room. Had a serious long hot soak.

Probably since I was a kid (38 now). My wife takes them on occasion, candles and everything. It boggles my mind and seems like such a waste of time.

I answered “take baths regularly” but I really should have put “reversed, never take showers” because I only take showers when there is no bath available. I don’t like fiddling with the water temp and often getting hit with cold water until I do, and I also don’t like the rigamarole of reaching for the soap and shampoo and towel while standing in a slippery basin, trying not to get water on your towel and the bathroom floor. Plus, I’ve found that if I cleanse myself in the bath in top to bottom order, then I don’t step out of the bath all dripping wet because my top half has dried somewhat already.

Exactly. It’s now highly diluted filth. Also, soaking helps get it off the skin, when it’s deeply rubbed in. Soaking has exfoliant qualities. (Is that the right word? Softening and getting rid of dead skin cells?)

But best of all, it just feels great! A nice long soak! Hot tub city!

Haven’t done so since I stayed at my mother’s apartment in 1996, which only had a bath. Oddly enough, all my childhood residences had baths and only baths.

It’s homeopathic filth! You’ll never be clean again.

The power of the dirt compels me.

A couple of years ago, a mountain cabin and a bathtub for two. Very sensual but not actually about cleanliness.

A bath for the sake of cleanliness was at least 15 years ago.

And neither will anyone else! After all, I drained that tub into the sewer, which went to a treatment plant (further dilution!) and then into the sea (giga-dilution!) where, among other things, fish fornicate, and then the water evaporates, falls as rain, goes into streams, and right into everyone’s tap water!

Everyone is drinking my homeopathic filth!

Last summer I was on vacation, and I went on a tourist walk in 117 degrees temperatures. I was really sweaty and hot and tired, and the hotel had a jacuzzi, so I bathed in that.

I only take showers if there is no bathtub. I find baths relaxing, and they loosen up my gimpy ankle.

I like a tub soak, for relaxation or for acute aches and pains. Sometimes I will do a shower rinse right after the bath to, you know, rinse off anything that might have soaked out. :smiley:

I would probably take more baths if I had a better tub. We live in an old building, when we first moved in, I was so excited that the bathroom tub is a vintage porcelain behemoth. I had visions of many long, luxurious baths. But people in Ye Olden Times must not have had time for long soaks, because the shape of the tub is all wrong. It’s very long, it’s very deep … but the sides are almost straight, so it’s like sitting in a crate. You can’t lounge back and be comfortable. I’ve tried those foam bath cushions, but they don’t do enough.

After I grew past 5 foot 5 or so(which would have been around 25-30 years ago) baths became pointless and I have never taken another one.

I take baths fairly often — like a burst of them every couple months.

• badly sore back

• too long in freezy-cold weather

• bad sinus allergy attacks

• splitting headache

There are some days where I do a lot of work - laying a bunch of sod or shingling a roof or something - where I ache at the end of it. So I’ll take a quick shower to get the grime off, and then draw a hot-as-possible bath so I can relax my tired muscles. Heavenly…

A few months ago I had a backache and thought it would help. It did not, and it sucked getting out of the tub. Never again.

My leg muscles were sore, so I took an epsom salt bath a few weeks ago. Worst case, it didn’t help. It didn’t hurt, it was kind of nice, though my tub is too small. I would feel too grandiloquent if I purchased a monster claw-footed tub and regularly filled it up with piping hot water to soak in, so I doubt baths will become a big thing with me.

Similar here.

My first eleven years were spent in a house with only one shower, which had been built into a basement wall. Pretty sure this was so the previous owners, who had the place built, could march their messy kids in through the garage and down the concrete stairs to hose them off. My parents did the same thing at least once and I don’t recall anyone using that shower otherwise.

My flat not set up for a shower, so bath every day. It’s not worth the time and the effort to make it shower safe and get one installed, but if I ever did I’d go straight from 100% bath to 100% showers.

This completely sums up my position on the issue. I find the whole business of showering, annoying – for the reasons above. Given the choice, I always take a bath.