When will the SDMB be changing over to free posting, new server, etc.?

Ask a simple question, get no answer at all and a lot of the usual stuff that doesn’t have a whole lot to do with my question.

Welcome to the Internet.

Short of you PERSONALLY emailing either Ed or Jerry, there really was little else to expect from this thread.

You failed miserably.

You have missed my point entirely if you thought the baseball cap had anything to do with what I was saying. :smack:

mhendo, I’m saying that it’s unreasonable to expect that the masters of the Reader are going to be bothered, even if the staff of this Message Board tried to get them to be. I don’t say this to excuse them, simply to explain the situation. It’s simply silly, in my opinion, to expect anything else, indeed, a bit unreasonable to do so. Which doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be nice if they DID pay more attention. :slight_smile:

Did you fail to read what went on between CarnalK and Colibri above?? :rolleyes:

As far as I can tell, that’s a personal grudge between the mods and him.

Since when is it against the rules to point out that characterizing somebody as “whining” is, in fact, disparaging? Wait, I think I know. It’s when a mod got called out for tossing out the “whining” characterization, and now all the other mods circle the wagons, right?

And that roll-eyes smiley is non too helpful on the “non-disparaging” front.

Number one: expecting posters to keep Pit posts in the Pit isn’t a “personal grudge” no matter how you spin it. And, number two: we’ve already been through this once before in this thread, so take it to the Pit, Ellis Dee.

Any more comments about this belong in the Pit.

Just checking to see if I’ve lost “Charter Member” status.

EDIT: Okay, I’m still CM.

I disagree that anyone has been through anything. Please explain in the pit, as per your request.