When's the last time you checked your blood sugar?

Whenever I bleed.
My SO is borderline, so she has the finger stick machine out once a day.
I will NOT punch that little needle into my finger. Uh uh, Nope. Ain’t happening.
At least once a week, I’ll draw blood while doing odd jobs around the house. That’s when I’ll get a reading (usually in the eighties).
Just today she asked if I was planning on fixing something, because It’s been 2 weeks since my last test (hardy har har).

A couple hours ago. It was 154, a little high.

Mostly just the statistics coupled with the daily exposure to the consequences. Nasty disease, so I fear it.

I was diagnosed as Type II a couple of years ago, but didn’t really watch things until last summer when I got really sick on an unrelated issue. After I got out of the hospital I was really good watching what I eat and such for several months. Then I fell off the wagon, and have been pretty much outta control until about 2 weeks ago. I saw my pattern of being addicted to sugar and decided i had to do something about it. I took some time off work and got my ducks in a row. The last reading before I started “following orders” was about 174. Today is my 11th day following my new plan and I’m doing really good. This morning was 111. The lowest I’ve had recently was an 85 the other afternoon. I want to keep things under control as i have some of the bad symptoms of diabetes such as numbness and tingling in my feet/toes… not fun.

Type II here, on oral medication. This morning around 6:30 it was 130. I’ll check it again before dinner, and it will be 80-90. I get shaky if it drops below 80.

I was diagnosed last year when I had a medical episode that might or might not have been related to my sugar. I was tested - it was 305! At 10 in the morning, 2 hours after eating. My blood pressure was sky high, too. I had a brain bleed while at work - a small vessel in one of the membranes surrounding the brain burst. Hurt like a mutha.

Last night, before dinner and after a workout, I was 83. Dinner was a big green salad, a piece of leftover italian sausage, a small helping of rigatoni.

This morning was 91, and I knew I might have to skip, or have a sparse lunch so I splurged on a short stack and some bacon.

Probably before I go workout again, I’ll check just to make sure I’m not going to crash on the elliptical machine.

Almost a year ago, when we got our diabetic cat, Seth. I used his testing supplies to practice on myself (they are human testing supplies) before I started trying it on him.

I forget what it was, but I remember that it was in the normal range for humans. Seth’s was rather on the high side at the time, though now he tests at near-normal levels.

:slight_smile: