When's the last time you spent the *whole day* watching TV?

Two of my all-time favorite shows; definitely in the top five. As for the question, probably the last time I stayed home sick from work or school.

I’ve done it the last couple of weekends. I wake up at 8:00 Saturday morning to watch College Gameday and then watch football until I fall asleep during the primetime game. Though last weekend there was a 45 min stretch when there wasn’t a game on so i called my dad and talked with him about football.

This is possible because I tend to make a big meal during Gameday and then munch on it for the rest of the day. Two weeks ago it was Chili last week it was Fajitas I’m going back to the Chili for tomorrow.

I’m not sure I’ve ever done that. Maybe as a kid when I was ill.
I don’t have much of an attention span, so even if I am home sick I usually spend part of the day reading, part sleeping, part on the computer, and part watching TV. I rarely can watch more than an hour or two of TV at a time.

I did it two Sundays ago and I suspect I’ll be doing it again this coming Sunday.

Last february, in the hospital after a trip to the ER. Waiting on tests, and barely mobile, there really wasn’t much else to do. Saw the same CNN story over and over and over again. (It was that or sports that I had no interrest in.)

Same here.

My husband and I did this together a few years ago. It was on the day they were showing the season finale of the first “Joe Schmoe Show”. We watched it from episode 1 (early morning) until it ended at 11 or so that night. We laughed our butts off. Funniest ‘reality’ show ever!!! (We even bought the season when it came out on DVD…I mean seriously, a game show the blurs out Moobs but not naked boobs LMAO!!! )

Harry Potter marathons, LOTR, Dirty Jobs, Man vs. Wild, Deadliest Catch, and they used to have House marathons…no, I don’t necessarily sit there from dawn until midnight, but I will watch a good part, off and on throughout the day.

That sounds like hell to me. I’ve never watched TV for more than maybe 4 hours straight.

When I had a spinal tap, I had to lie flat on my back for days, so I couldn’t even really use a computer (I didn’t have a laptop anyway). I watched all of the LOTR extended editions and all of the commentaries from back to back all day. With naps, it took me about a day and a half as I remember.

I didn’t have cable and my selection of movies at the time was pretty limited. I had never seen the commentaries, and it was the only option for something I hadn’t seen other than fuzzy Judge Judy, so there we go. Also, there was a lot of talking in them, which was nice since I couldn’t even prop my head up and basically had to watch it sideways. There was also a really long time between switching disks.

After that, I moved into listening to director’s commentaries for the other movies I had until I was okay to prop my head enough up to play video games.

I can’t recall any other time. Even as a kid, I’d usually gravitate to video games sooner or later.

I tend to leave the TV on for companionship all day, so I am not sure you could call it watching it all day or not. I am gaming on the computer, or gimping into the bathroom for necessities, or into the kitchen to rotate laundry into the dryer, or to get a meal or prep dinner for mrAru, anything where I don’t need to actually carry stuff around.

I do like the series marathons for some things, and I have recently been working my way through all 6 seasons DVDs of NCIS, and I have 3 seasons of Eureka. I netflix other series [I really liked a brit series about a surgeon that becomes a local GP because he develops a blood phobia. Wish there was more than one season though, and I finally saw the entire season for The Prisoner - what is up with that final episode, I needed acid or some other mind altering substance to make sense of it? I didnt get that memo!]