Where can I buy some of those orange traffic cones?

You know the kind I mean, you see them on the road whenever you pass by roadwork being done. Where in my phone book should I look? Driver training school, construction supply, hardware store? Somebody toss me a clue…

You could start with these guys, or check your yellow pages for “safety equipment”.

If you don’t need full-size, official looking cones, you might find smaller ones at a sporting goods store (sold for marking fields).

These guys also have a variety of cones, and will ship quickly if you’re in a hurry.

Try looking under “Traffic Control and Safety Devices” in the yellow pages. You might also call your local Public Works department and find out where they buy theirs from.

You don’t say where you’re located, so it’s hard to give specific advice. I’m in California, and I bought a traffic sign (a yellow information sign with a camera shilouette) for a film project from Traffic Control Service, Inc. Their web page is http://www.tcsi.biz/

–Patch, the traffic engineering bunny

Go to mcmaster.com
The prices start at $4.90 for a 12"H X 81/2" dia, high vise orange/black base, pvc cone. Prices go up to $36.32 depending on size and material.

The best way to obtain at least a single one is to get very drunk in the pub with a large group of friends. In the morning one will mysteriously have appeared somewhere in, or in the vicinity of, your house. (If your neighbour has garden gnomes there’s a good chance they will be wearing it as a hat, so that’s a good place to start searching.)

Don’t get the one somebody had sex with.