where can I find scripts online. . .

where can I find scripts online. . . for episodes of Ally McBeal?

I have to find these ASAP b/c I want to act out a Rick Fish / John Cage scene with a friend for a speech tournament.

thanks for any help you can provide

“I’m just too much for human existence – I should be animated.”
–Wayne Knight

Daniel,
First off, I’ve been trying to catch you in other threads to tell you we’re living in the same area- you’re at Binghamton University, right? I live near the Airport (Middle of nowhere).
Anyway, I did some checking around and wasn’t able to find actual scripts- I don’t know if that sort of thing is released while the show is still airing. This is a great site though, and the webmaster may have some good info for you :slight_smile: http://members.xoom.com/ally_mcbeal/index.html

A friend is someone who likes you even though you’re as ugly as a hat full of assholes.
Zettecity

I don’t think they post them on the web. i haven’t found any. I’m pretty sure the only way you can get it is to write to the network and ask for a transcript.

All this science, I don’t understand. It’s just my job 5 days a week-- Rocketman

Posting scripts on the web is a violation of copyright. People who try it can be taken to court and sued for damages, so they get taken off as soon as someone connected with the show finds them – and I’m sure they look diligently.

Zette: sorry I didn’t see whatever other posts you made to get my attention. I never assume anyone knows who I am (I don’t have a memorable screenname and besides that, well, look at my post count vs your own). So I rarely think anyone has anything to say to me personally simply b/c they probably don’t know who I am :frowning:

Did you go to SUNY-B? What brought you to this area? Or did you always live here? Also, I don’t suppose you know how to judge policy debate?

And before I hijack my own thread. . . :slight_smile:

thanks for the help everyone. Didn’t find anything but since I’ve even found a screenplay for The Black Cauldron online I figured that somewhere something from a popular show such as Ally McBeal would show up; the internet isn’t exactly famous for its respect for copyright law :slight_smile:

I guess I’ll just jot down whatever I can from that episode I taped earlier this week. . .

–Wayne Knight

One of the writers for the late, lamented “Cupid” show (and it’s cancellation is all the proof I need of the non-existence of God) posted several unaired scripts on his homepage.

I have an All in Wonder video card & it can record & save all the closed-captions to disk automatically for me. Great way to get scripts.

darn. And I was just playing around with pause and rewind until I got every Fish-Cage interaction from this past week’s episode written down on my copy of Word Pro.

I’m not sure it will fill the necessary ten minutes, but we’ll see :slight_smile:

–Wayne Knight

Daniel-
I’m a native- I grew up in the country about 15 miles from Binghamton- I live up near the Airport now. Sorry, I have no idea about debate :slight_smile:
I went to Broome Community College and started SUNY B (or BU, whichever you prefer) but due to health reasons had to “postpone” things.
Nice to see a local here :slight_smile:

A friend is someone who likes you even though you’re as ugly as a hat full of assholes.
Zettecity

too bad about debate. . . the speech and debate team is hosting a tournament this weekend and we always seem to need more judges. . . :slight_smile:

The SUNY-B/BU name debate is an interesting one. From what I can tell (and the student newspapers here are never objective enough to get a straight story but this is what I’ve been able to determine) the university’s tendency towards privatization is most evident in their insistence on using the BU name (you can’t even find a shirt or anything with the SUNY name on it, and I’ve tried!)

many students and alumni oppose the privatization, and so insist on using the SUNY name in retaliation.

(if you know anything about this name thing then feel free to correct me if I got the details wrong)

BU sounds more professional, but I like saying SUNY because I think it sounds friendlier. There’s a whole bunch of SUNYs, so I get a sense of community out of the name. Sounds silly but that’s the way my mind works :slight_smile:

–Wayne Knight