Where can you get free stuff on your birthday?

It also indirectly signed you up for a Selective Service notice when you turned 18. This probably isn’t too much of a concern anymore, but be aware that there are always risks when giving away personal information.

Well even so, you’re not missing much. It’s not very good pizza, and your friends will probably treat you to something much better.

Applebees, Stuart Anderson’s Steakhouse, and I think Chilis, Boston’s and other slightly upper-scale Mickey D type places all give a free dessert on your birthday, and I think I remember possibly a drink instead.

I believe you get a free meal at Famous Dave’s if you sign up prior to your birthday.

Nearly every bar will buy you a drink on your first “legal” birthday. Most of the bars in this town will buy you a drink every birthday thereafter. In a bar where several of the regulars know (and sorta like) you, it’s not hard to get too shnockered to drive home, without spending a dime.

My chiropractor sends me a birthday card good for a free visit.

Many restaurants will give a free dessert to the birthday person. Some restaurants extend it to a loud, embarrassing song sung by all the waitstaff. :smack:

I’m envious of all this free birthday stuff, but really I’m only posting to say that I’ve only just noticed AskNott’s’s signature and I love it. Funny! :slight_smile:

We have a local Wiki where people have compiled this stuff–it includes national chain offers as well as those that are regional or locally-owned businesses. If your area has something like that, go check it out.

Border’s will e-mail you a certificate for a free dessert on your birthday. It’s good for a week before & after your actual birthdate.

Bite your tongue! I wouldn’t have made it through Cal without Blondies & Top Dog (though I rarely find myself in that corner of Berkeley on my b-day).

Thanks for all the great lists and suggestions! :slight_smile:

Thanks. :smiley: I was beginning to think I was the only one who knew about the actor’s superstition of not saying the name of Shakespeare’s Scottish Play.

Tucker’s Marketplace in Ontario has a standing policy that the birthday boy/girl eats free, though there has to be a paying member accompanying them of course, and drinks are not included. The wife and I have gone on numerous occasions, and it’s pretty good, though the quality of the food (specifically the carver) can vary (at least in the Mississauga location), so sometimes the meat is awesome and tender and lean, and others, not so much.

It isn’t a restaurant, but it’s all I’ve got to contribute :).

If you go to Disneyland on your birthday, stop out town hall and get a birthday sticker (it says IT’S MY BIRTHDAY! or something and has your name). Everywhere you go, cast members will say hi and happy birthday, plus they’ll pull you out of line to go to the front (and let you ride again, if you want). Oh and you pretty much are handed free stuff all day everywhere you go- ice creams, little necklaces, pins, etc.

Also, at the sit down places in Disneyland, they’ll give you free dessert if it’s your birthday and you’ve got the sticker.

Anything free at the Land of 1000 Expenses is great, if you ask me.

At Purple East, a headshop/skater clothes store here in GR, you get half off one item. Or did, I think they switched to 30% off everything. or something like that.

The Chop House (in Ann Arbor, and I presume other places) gives you 50% off your bill for two people on your birthday. Which is a savings of, like $50 at least. I think you have to let them know when you make the reservation. Anyways, it’s an annual tradition of mine, because I loves me some steak, and normally we can’t afford to eat out at places that expensive.

Our local DVD rental place gives you a free film on your birthday, and our boss buys us a coffee!

It isn’t free, but Bare Minerals (the make-up) stores give you 10% off during your whole birthday month.

Noodles & Company gives you a buy-one-get-one-free. Also, Sephora’s club gives a coupon for a free product.

Now, I’m off to sign up for these other things!

Q: Do you know if they do this at Disney World too…?