Where Did "benny Hind" Come From?

This dude is weird! For those of you unfamiliar with him, he is an evangelist of some Christian sect…and he appears to operate out of Canada. For some reason, he is on a local cable channel all the time…always blabbing on about some jewish prophecies about the end of the world, and constantly asking for money!
When and where did this guy get started? Has he actually “cured” anybody? What kind of scandals has he been involved in…is it easier for a crooked preacher to operate out of canada?:confused:

He may be weird, but he sure is entertaining. I especially like it when he throws people across the stage and knocks down half the choir with the power of the Holy Ghost. And you gotta admit, he’s a snazzy dresser. :slight_smile: I saw him do an exorcism on stage not too long ago. Benny Hinn is by far my favorite televagelist. I just might have to go see him perform the next time he comes to Memphis.

Anyway, if I’m not mistaken, Benny Hinn is originally from Florida. I know he had a church in Orlando at one time. I believe he’s currently headquartered in Texas. He does travel around a lot, and while most of his shows seem to occur in the United States, I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see him in Canada. I was told his denomination is technically Assembly of God, but I have no idea if this is true.

I’ve read that some people who received “cures” from the good preacher have gone on to experience serious medical problems when they subsequently discontinued their various doctor-prescribed medical treatments. One of the major news shows recently did a show about Benny Hinn, his fake miracles, and various financial shenanigans.

“Have a good day, saints.” :wink:

It’s Benny Hinn. Here you’ll find all sorts of links to his own site, plus sites for and against him.

I believe he’s Portuguese. Yes, he’s a fraud. He’s on TBN pretty regularly, but as to where he came from I have no idea. However, one of TBN’s and Benny Hinn’s biggest critics is Hank Hanegraaff. I’m sure on his site you’ll find some history of BH and a very thorough de-bunking of him and the TBN.

Benny Hinn related an interesting story one time on TBN talk show, concerning a fight between a demon and the Archangel Michael over his sould.

Even the TBN hosts seemed uncomfortable with it.

I went to see him when he did a show in Sydney just for laffs.

I wont comment on the actual show but I must say, he has some very good social psychologists working for him.

Evander Holyfield claims that he was healed of a heart condition after Benny Hinn prayed for him. He briefly retired after losing to Micheal Moorer and being diagnosed with a heart condition. After Hinn prayed for him he unretired and continues to fight today.

Benny Hinn is an Israeli born Jewish convert to Christianity.

Benny Hinn and the Trinity Broadcasting Network are both in southern California.

TBN is in Costa Mesa, in a gaudy, God-awful castle monstrosity across from the mall.

Benny Hinn is in Laguna Hills, I think, I pass his world ministry headquarters when I drive to my mom’s house on the 73 toll road.

We let anybody operate here!

Why is it that everytime I see a listing for him on my satellite system, my mind sees Benny Hill and Istart to switch over to it to watch the hijinks?

Come to think of it, I’d probably see hijinks anyway…

:stuck_out_tongue:

Confused by a couple statements in this thread, I looked up some information.

According to the transcript of Dateline NBC for Friday, December 27, 2002, Benny Hinn was born in the Middle East and raised in Canada. He started a church in Orlando something like twenty years ago. In the late 1990s, he moved his ministry headquarters to Texas. Although both TBN and Benny Hinn’s television studio is in California, Benny Hinn Ministries itself is still based in Texas (although they seem to have operations all over the place). You can mail the good pastor at:

Benny Hinn Ministries
Post Office Box 162000
Irving, Texas 75016-2000

For more information you can call them at (817) 722-2000. No, this isn’t an unlisted number. Perhaps they know whether the good pastor is Portuguese, Jewish, or what–that information wasn’t mentioned on the two sites I looked at–I can’t link to the news source, unfortunately (I got it from Lexis-Nexis). The other site is Benny’s: http://www.bennyhinn.org/

Have a groovy day, y’all.

Who is Benny Hinn?

“Benny Hinn” is really the exiled Saudi Arabian diplomat Sam Ben Laydon (hence the first name Benny) with his scraggly beard combed over the top in a big swoopy wave. If you don’t believe it, you are an infidel and apostate who needs eradication.