Where Do Your Arms Go While You Sleep

Me too. Mine’s a stuffed Simba I’ve had since The Lion King came out. I’ve found another line of stuffed animals (Flopsies) with the same size and shape, so I should be okay once he loses all his stuffing.

You left out “around my partner” or “under a cat.”

Locked in the gun safe.:slight_smile:

Xkcd’s Solution: THE CUDDLEMATTRESS!

I move around a lot, and my arms follow - sometimes at my side, sometimes under my pillow, sometimes between the mattress and the wall.

Joe

Other. I tuck my arms underneath me while I sleep. I sleep at about a 45 degree angle: not completely on my stomach, not completely on my side. One arm may end up under the pillow, but usually, they’re tucked up by my chest.

Other.

Side sleeper (I switch sides several times during the night). Arms and legs bent, hands usually end up at about heart level. Upper legs’ foot resting on lower legs lower shin.

Other.

I have a really annoying habit of sleeping ON my arms and then waking up and finding that they’re dead. I hope I’m not doing damage to myself!

Normally, I fall asleep on my side, with my arms around one of my hubby’s pillows (or around my hubby, if I’m lucky enough that he’s home!) But some time not long after that, I roll over onto my tummy, and my arms go up and under my pillow.

I have been advocating for detachable arms for years- anyone to whom I mentioned it has thought I was nuts. :wink: However I have recently found a solution to my arm discomfort.

I recently bought a Tempurpedic mattress and as a “special gift” the store threw in two contoured memory foam pillows. I thought I would hate the pillows- they are the kind that are concave in the center and have “neck roll” edges one higher than the other. The idea is that it keeps your spine aligned or something like that, but what I found is that it raises my neck and supports my shoulder when lying on my side so that my arm can stay at my side without being squished or twisted. No more arms falling asleep or shoulder aches from trying to figure out where to keep my arm.

Oooh, I sleep mostly like this too – more on the side, with one leg tucked up and one leg stretched out, and one arm flung up under the pillow and the other drawn in. I sort of look like I’m doing the Heisman pose.

I like this poll because I have been having this same problem for the last few months. I don’t know why it came on all of a sudden, but my arms have nowhere to go when I sleep and are in the way no matter what I do with them.

Side sleeper. Lower arm sort of down in front, forearm across my body - or arm rotated so forearm is palm-up in front near my face. Extra pillow in front of my torso, to rest upper arm.

Like this except slightly more on my tummy and with a soft pillow between my lower arm and my head.

I’ve always slept on my side with my arm under the pillow, but since I’ve gotten older, my ring and pinkie fingers get numb and sometimes have a burning sensation in the morning, which I’ve heard is indicative of nerve damage. Don’t know how to correct the position since I go back to it when I’m asleep.

That’s the way I read it, too. :slight_smile:

Arms? My FAL is next to my bed, and I keep a fully-loaded, 30-round magazine on my dresser. Just in case.

I stow them in the fridge so they’ll keep.

Mine stay attached.