Where was John F Kennedy assassinated?

I stood on that very X to have my picture taken just one month ago.

Woot! Someone else understands (even to the point of using the word INTARWEB!) I’m going to bed before I make a fool of myself!

I was born and lived in Dallas until a few months after the JFK affair. For quite a while I worked in downtown Dallas and passed Dealey Plaza twice a day, so I knew it wasn’t a very big place. But, as others say, strangers and tourists always thought it would be much bigger.

I lived in the Oak Cliff section of Dallas and graduated from Sunset High in 1959–I used to be able to draw detailed maps of the route taken by Oswald when he left the scene on that fateful day. I’ve seen many a movie in the now famous Texas Theater where he was captured.

“Goodnight, David.”
“Goodnight, Chet.”

You can actually make out the X on the pavement in Google Earth. I don’t know how to create a link for Google Earth, but the coordinates are 32 44 51 N, 96 48 31.20 W. Look at it from about 500 feet (which is about 80 feet above the ground level) and you can make it out.

Sorry, I screwed up the coordinates. You can get there by entering exactly this into the search area in Google Earth: “32 46 44.50 N, 96 48 31.22 W”.