Where's the farthest point from a Wal-Mart in the contiguous 48 states?

racer72, I’m not sure if this counts, but in Louisville, KY there is a WalMart SuperCenter at 12981 Shelbyville Rd and a WalMart Neighborhood Market at 201 Blankenbaker Pkwy. They are 1.7 miles apart, driving distance.

The Walmarts on Hillcroft and Gessner in Houston are pretty close together. (The Gessner location is a “neighbourhood market” store.)

Here in Lakewood, Colorado, there are two Walmart Supercenters on Wadsworth Blvd, only 1.3 miles apart.

I can tell you that Vermont was the last state to get a Wal-Mart, though we now have three. Not really pertinent to the OP, though, since we’re small.

There are two Target across the street from each other (for generous values of though “street” in this case means “Interstate 280 and the usual ramps and space and access roads usually associated with intersates”) just south of SF. 0.9 miles driving from parking lot to parking lot, 0.3614 miles door-to-door

And shrinking. Vermont now has four Wal-Marts and a fifth is being planned.

The Walmart Store Map isn’t totally accurate: Missoula’s Supercenter isn’t on the map, although its normal-sized Walmart is. I’m going to submit it to the website, but it makes me wonder if they’re not missing other Walmarts elsewhere.