Which answer from the IRS is Irwin Schiff looking for??

I was going to put this in GQ, but I thought better of it. Seems there may not be a single correct answer to the OP.

From here.

Based on other threads regarding such topics it always seems like an open and shut case. YOU MUST PAY TAXES!!
However, I would like someone to quote the ITC (income tax code) and/or provide a specific law requiring specific persons having to pay taxes in the manner which Irwin Schiff is presenting. Basically, it sounds like he is taking liberty with the use of the word income, among others, and using that to his advantage. Why is he being allowed to do this?
Why is the government having such a hard time convicting the man if he indeed is in the wrong and why can’t an IRS agent point to specific language in the code that says he has to pay and how much?
IOW, the code should be able to outline him as an income gathering citizen and there should be direct language as such. If there isn’t such language in the code then why is it so ambiguous?

more from the link.

Seems as though a representative of the IRS basked down under the threat of cross examination. Why?
Can someone point out specific language in the Code? And if not, why not?

I can’t quote chapter and verse but this approach sounds like an invitation to prison. Sounds like a frivolous argument to me.

I think the June 9 2003 webpage by “professional tax resister” Irwin Schiff that you linked to is a trifle out of date.

As of 24 October 2005, the IRS and the Department of Justice appear to have encountered no insurmountable legal obstacles to nailing Mr. Schiff’s sorry tax-evading ass.

Mr. Schiff’s contention that he has a First Amendment right to sell books that advocate and advise on cheating the IRS ultimately does not seem to have held up in court.

Ha ha, sucker. Enjoy your 43-year “vacation”, you slimy little thief.

It always amazes me that these income tax nuts believe, on the one hand, that income taxes are a scam and no one legally has to pay them, and on the other hand, all they have to do is point this out to the Zionist Occupation Government judge, and the judge will be forced to let them go.

An oppressive dictatorial government doesn’t need a law to take your money, throw you in jail, or shoot you in the back of the head and dump you in a mass grave. They’ll just do whatever they like, admiralty flag or no admiralty flag.

Ah, upon digging trough more of his website I have found the he is indeed behind bars, awaiting his sentencing and possible appeal.

Some info here.

Why did it take the IRS and the government soooo long to nail this guy?

Probably because they kept using courtrooms that had an American flag with gold fringe on it. That’s always a problem.

That’s not fair, Bricker–I think you’re presuming gilt.

Daniel

After a quick check -

Section 1(a) states “There is hereby imposed on taxable income …”

Section 63(a) states “… the term “taxable income” means gross income minus the deductions …”

Section 61(a) states “… gross income means all income from whatever source derived…”

Section 6301 states “The Secretary shall collect the taxes imposed by the internal revenue laws.”

Section 7701(a)(11)(B) states “The term “Secretary” means the Secretary of the Treasury or his delegate.”

I’ve never looked into the arguments of these loons. From the OP link, I guess he doesn’t think the law says he is “liable.” I’m not going to search several thousand pages to find the exact word he likes. It does at least say there is a tax “imposed” on him and the Secretary of the Treasury is given wide latitude to force him to cough up the dough. The IRS starts with a polite form letter. Then:

Section 7201 - “Any person who willfully attempts in any manner to evade or defeat any tax imposed by this title or the payment therof shall, in addition to other penalties provided by law, be guilty of a felony and, upon convition thereof, shall be fined not more than $100,000 ($500,000 in the case of a corporation), or be imprisoned not more than 5 year, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.”

I posted about Ol Irwin on 10-26, but you posted a better OP. I used to enjoy reading his books (none of which can be found in the library system…hmmmm)

Why DID it take so long? How many years did he get out of paying taxes/

Very, very nice.

My biggest (only?) problem is that the government restricted him from publishing a book. I’ve got no problem throwing him in jail for tax evasion, but preventing him from publishing “subversive literature” should be a big no-no. I couldn’t find anywhere for certain that talked about the status of the injunction on the book. Is it still banned? If so, how can they do that?

Comedy gold, I tell ya!
Daniel

Schiff is mentioned in the Tax Protestor’s FAQ, amusingly enough under the “Paranoid Delusions” section.

Fraud? :confused:

How can a book be fraud?