Which board avatars do you like?

I recognized @mordecaiB’s avatar as a beer can right away. Then again, I recognize most of the avatars as beer.

Can someone please explain who is this “Dot” that @ZipperJJ so resembles?

That was my best laugh all week. You totally win the thread. Thank you!!

And delivered in that perfect deadpan you do so well. Bravo Good Sir!

I dunno, until he told us, I thought mordecaiB’s avatar was a small brain and its brainstem in a clear jar. From a distance, it’s hard to make out that small avatar as specifically being a beer can.

Dot Warner from the cartoon series Animaniacs, which happens to be her avatar.

OTOH, ref @Jumpbass just above, The name makes me think of those big lake fish that fishermen are always pursuing on daytime TV in 75mph boats.

But the avatar seems to be bits of a tuba and a viola. Or instruments not too far off those.

Color me wrong-footed by all this.

Unrelated to the above, I’m glad to see @Cardigan has shown up. I was going to nominate his(?) as another good one. And as one of the fairly few celeb pix I can recognize as a celeb without help.

I do have a wife, though, which I realize doesn’t help with sorting the two of us out.

Thank you. Looks like I’ve got some YouTubing to do.

I gotta say that confusing @susan’s and @solost’s avatar seems just about impossible to me. Maybe for someone Doping on a phone who’s also got poor eyes. But kinda surprising for anybody on a full-sized screen. One is so angular and sharp and black and the other is so smooth and curvy and green.

I assume that the stringed instrument is a Double Bass. The Tuba is also a bass instrument.

Ah, gotta love the English language, with two words spelled the same, but with completely different pronunciations and meanings.

Haha fantastic!! I’ll just have to adjust my eyes to:

1. Read more than 1 letter of each user name
  2. See more pixels in each avatar

I got this!

I get the musical connection. And it would make more sense if the stringed instrument was a bass or double bass, but the proportions look wrong to non-expert me for that. Hence my claim of a viola. I don’t know of “jumpbass” or “jump bass” as a musical term. Though it might well be.

I do know that bass fish jump a lot, especially on the line.

I wonder whether they pronounce the “p” in the middle? From the musical avatar we can assume the “bass” part is pronounced like “base”. So we either get “jumm-BASE”, “JUMM-base” or maybe plain old “Jump Base”.

As you say, English is … challenging. The only thing harder than learning it from birth is having to learn it as a second language. :slight_smile:

But will never forget.

Start with this clip:

Man, I drew that myself. Eight years of art school down the drain!

I wouldn’t exactly call it subtle, but it is insistent.

Wow, you must have a great imagination. A bird, lots of rounded shapes vs a geometric image with no round shapes at all. You need to stop bogarting that pipe and pass it along to the rest of us. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank Crom! My self confidence couldn’t take another hit.

@Cardigan has a great user name/avatar match up. Way better than just a sweater pic.

Me too. Too bad it’s wishful thinking and I am often disappointed.

And quickly, before someone decides to blow on the pipe stem.

Like the pimple thread. Never opened the thread, but I will never forget the title.

Yup, it’s a double bass and a tuba. My main personal instruments, in fact.

I play a lot of old style swing and dixieland. Sometimes that music is known as “jump swing” and “jump blues”. As in “Jump Jive and Wail”. It’s not a super common term, but it’s around.

The avatar was rotated 90 degrees in the board transfer. Dunno why. Weird.

You just have to adjust the proportions. Make the top part a little shallower and the bottom a part a little deeper.

Cool. Thanks.

To me, your name is sufficient. While women may also have flamboyant confidence, I associate that word more with well-dressed men. (And, yes, often gay men.)

Animated Image

Spanish What GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Mine is a still frame from a gif. I think it’s cute!

I like mine. It’s a butterfly, the symbol for the thyroid, with a thyroid cancer ribbon in the colors pink, purple, and teal. Above that is the word Survivor, which I have been since diagnosed in 2015.

Me, too!

It’s very cute. I love that little head toss as he turns his head.

Modnote: We have a rule about not posting animated images in threads. So I’ll break the link. No warning, but please avoid doing this in the future.

You can link to it or spoiler it.