Which Chicago Housing Project did "Good Times" take place in?

Now that most of the high-rise housing projects are being torn down here in Chicago, it led me to wonder: Which housing project did the Evans family live in on the 1970s TV program, Good Times? I’m just curious as to if J.J. & all have had to relocate yet.

(OK…I know…on the last episode they all moved out of the projects).

I think it was either The Robert Taylor Homes, or Cabrini-Green. There’s a shot of the buildings during the opening credits…but it’s been a long time since I’ve seen the show. Can any Chi-towners (or anyone else) help me out here?

I always thought the opening shot was Cabrini Green. However, I grew up in St. Louis, and only know about that neighborhood, so I cannot confirm absolutely that the opening shot was actual buildings from that neighborhood.

However, according to this site, the creator grew up in Cabrini Green, so that’s good enough for me:

More to the point, how can Mrs. Evans live in Chicago and be Maude’s maid in New York? Did that ever get explained?

The same way Benson evolved from a Butler to a Lt. Governor over time. “Razzle Dazzle!”

Especially in California, where the Gov and Lt Gov run on separate tickets in the primary and general elections.

To actually answer the OP, I lean towards Robert Taylor, solely because that’s the biggest housing project in the US.

I’d just like to say that I opened my copy of Brooks and Marsh’s Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows exactly to the page Good Times is on.

Not that it did any good, as the answer to the question isn’t there. But still.