Which current technlogies will go obsolete last?

Yes, but there will be alot fewer of them. They’ll also be much nicer and serve better food (& drink) and cater to a niche maket.

I can’t imagine the movie theater is going anywhere. There’s just something about a big screen that TV can’t replicate. And that experience adds a lot to a wide variety of movies.

Depends on what you’re doing. Ever tried tried air navigation in rough weather conditions? As a pilot, I’ll take the GPS every time!

But I agree, the magnetic compass is a perfect tool for many applications and will always be in use.

If nothing else, making out in the back row of your parent’s home theater just isn’t the same.

Spellcheckers probably aren’t going anywhere. :smiley:

I think that these will disappear as soon as a suitable plastic alternative is devised. Why? Because aluminum is a high-value metal. (Good username/post synergy, by the way)

Wow! Maybe I can make my dream a reality!!

My dream, as lame as it might sound, is to lie flat on my back in bed, and be able to look at stuff online. I assume that projecting the image on the ceiling wouldn’t be too difficult. It was the keyboard/mouse thing that was the problem.

I just installed Flint Knapp 3.0, also known as Sharp Rock 2.0.

I think it will be applicable for another millennia so.

Heh. I get this every time I post about drinking or something beverage related. Drastic quench is actually a metal working term. To quench a piece of red hot metal is to dunk it into a liquid in order to rapidly cool it. It hardens the metal and is a large part of the basic concept of making steel. Carbon gets trapped in rapidly cooling, and thus constricting, iron. No worries, though.

Yeah, but you wanted to learn. You use a computer more than once in a blue moon when you want to apply for a job and then find out that the damned school district has an online application to be a janitor. Trust me, people is dumb. Really dumb.

We were talking about metal working–just aluminum, not steel.

Hmm, yeah try to limit it to electronics, I’m sure stuff like fire or shoes will be around forever.

The OP seems to use “current” and “new” interchangeably, but they aren’t interchangeable. Fire and shoes are current technology but are not new.

Maybe packet data is a good example of something still new enough that some people alive today can remember when it was not around, but that will probably still be in use - even in a post-electronic age - for a long, long time.

Nuts, bolts and screws etc.