Which EU institution/body do you hear most often?

I would personally say that it is the European Central Bank that I hear most often, probably because the European Central Bank is responsible for European monetary policy and there was a crisis going on for a while.

What do you think, Which EU institution/body do you hear most often? Which institution of the European Union is most visible? Why this is the case?

Well, one that I’m quite familiar with is the International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use, but that’s not purely EU, it’s a working body of the EU, US, and Japan. The European Medicines Agency is a purely EU body that I hear from a lot, as is the European Pharmacopoeia Commission.

This varies constantly.

Traditionally, it was the Council of Ministers (now known as “Council of the European Union”) because that’s where most important decisions were agreed upon. In recent years the European Commission has been given a lot more power, so I would say that one is the one we hear most often.

Of course, the Central Bank has become very relevant since the beginning of the crisis… but when it comes to decision-making, it’s all about the Commission.