Which House races are you watching closely today?

Really hoping to see Roskam go down in the district immediately west of me.

West Virginia’s 3rd District. I’m rooting for Richard Ojeda, a progressive Democrat running in a heavily pro-Trump district. Some polls have shown him running ahead of the Republican. If a progressive can win there, they can potentially win anywhere.

From what I’ve seen in recent polls, Allred is doing better than Sessions, but the latest poll I saw had it “Too close to call.”

I am watching my district which is CA-45. I really want Mimi to be shown the door.

I’m a crazy dreamer hoping to see Ted Cruz go down in Texas.

Aside from that, my own district (NJ-3) is a toss-up right now, so pretty interesting. I’m hoping to see Tom MacArthur lose. He played a big role in resurrecting the Republican health care bill last year, which fortunately was voted down in the Senate.

As a Virginia expat, I’m following VA-02, VA-05, and VA-07 as well (like you, I’m not worried about VA-10). Also FL-15, where my in-laws live, looks to be close, and KS-02 and KS-03 (got family roots out there) a bit later in the evening. Also NC-09 and NC-13.

Other than those eight races, just the general run of things. For comparison purposes, I’ll be referring to 538’s final House forecasts.

I’ll be following Iowa 3 (Republican David Young vs. Democrat Cindy Axne) and Virginia 2 (Republican Scott Taylor vs. Democrat Elaine Luria). Because I spent an hour trying to make phone calls for the Dems in those districts. I only reached one live voter in that hour, so I’m sure I didn’t do any good, but I spent some time researching the candidates and now I care.

These are my biggies. Also looking at the Illinois IL-14 (Underwood replacing Hultgren in the exurbs) IL-6 (Casten replacing Roskam in the exurbs) and IL-13 (Dirksen Londrigan replacing Davis in the UI, ISU areas). These are all probably a stretch, but I think Dirksen Londrigan probably has the best shot if the college kids step up. The 2 exurban districts will probably come down to the white housewives vs the white husbands.

And it’s been called: Jennifer Wexton will be your Congressperson. :slight_smile:

So where are we?

As mentioned, Jennifer Wexton bumped off Comstock in VA-10; Leslie Cockburn fell short in VA-05, and ditto Kristen Carlson in FL-15. Right now, Spanbarger and Luria have narrow leads in VA-07 and VA-02 with most of the vote in.

Also IL Underwood up by 5 with 41% in!

Oddly, he’s immediately west, and east, of me, too. That’s one gerrymandered district that he STILL couldn’t hold.

Sad to see that the Iron Stache fell short.

CA-46. Lou Correa D 60-40% with only 60k votes counted. No idea how many.

Orange County - home of the Duke and Milhouse Nixon could finally flip.

I’m not guilty “vote buying” but I did send an 18 year old lesbian freshman to university in Orange County…

He also made the comment that women voters were “all up in his grill.” His dismissiveness of his constituents was repugnant.

Spanbarger got all up in his grill, and grabbed that House seat out from under him. :slight_smile:

Allred won! Not by too much, but he did win. Sessions is out after 20-something years in the House.

Well this has gotten verrrrry interesting over the last week, and today finally flipped from Kim (R) to Cisneros (D) after continued tallying of mail and provisional ballots!

Just checked and NYT still has Kim ahead by 122 votes. But the gap has been narrowing pretty steadily.

Down to 48 as of 5pm today.With quite a few uncounted ballots in LA, Orange and San Bernadino counties.