Which is the best detterant against Jewish vampires?

An older book has vampires in England that says you can kill a vampire just about any way you do a man. The touch of the full moon will return them to life, so you needed to destroy the body or put it where the full moon never shines.

One of the “300 things Mr Welch can no longer do in an RPG” comes to mind:

1. Not allowed to kill a vampire with any part from a DC-10 larger than my car.

I think it was in a sci-fi themed collection of vampire stories called Tomorrow Sucks.

That would work.

I’m serious - if anything has intristic holiness in Judaism it’s the written word, with certain words having special significance. A Tora would do the job, as would tfillin; I doubt a Jewish vamp would be able to cross a threshold containing a mezzuzah, either. IMHO, the very sight of the Tetramogram (YHVH) would have basically the same efect as a cross, so I’d walk around with it written on a piece of paper, etxhed into a piece of metal or even felt-tipped on my forehead.

But not tattooed, of course.

Interesting.

Hrm… faith is “conviction without proof” - if a bot can have conviction, then the Doombot’s conviction of being the true Doom might count.

Or, if you’re Ann Rice, you can make up your own rules, then 589 pages later, ignore the rules and make up some new ones.

Is this Jewish vampire an observant Jew? If so, perhaps you could engage him in debate over some point or other, then quietly slip away while he’s trying to work out his position on the matter.

I’d say langoustine in an aioli cream sauce should do it.

snertle :smiley:

Oy! I don’t know whether to feel sorry for the vampire or the hunter!

Well, you know what they said about Van Helsing- man always acted like he had a bug up his ass!

Also works on Catholic Vampires.

Guilt.

Victim: Oy, I suppose you’re going to suck my blood and leave me to change into a monster.

Vampire: Well, yes, that’s how this sort of ting is usually done.

Victim: Who will ask the questions at the Seder? Not to worry. My cousin Moshe. Mother hates Moshe.

Vampire: Well, maybe…

Victim: Moshe drank Elijah’s wine last year.

Vampire: Hey, look…

Victim: Don’t worry! I’ll just lie here and transmogrify in the dark.

I was hoping someone would catch the phrasing on that one.

Out of EGYPT.

Anyway, this has been covered on Buffy, my personal guide to all thing vampiric. I can’t believe none of you nerds remember that Willow - who’s Jewish - is a vampire in the alternate universe where Buffy never comes to Sunnydale. (As covered in the Season 3 episodes The Wish and Dopplegangland.) I don’t recall her being scared away by a cross, but she leaves Cordy alone after Wesley threatens her with a bottleof holy water.

Aren’t she and vampire Xander kept from entering the book cage by one of the characters (Oz? Larry?) brandishing a handy cross after they drain Cordy?

Yeah, I was kinda hoping no-one would catch that (could we not have an edit function in MPSIMS, at least?). So Joss Whedon and I are agreed- holy water=dead Jewish vampire.

Oooh, I think so. And, though it violates the X-Men’s rules of vampires, Willow also uses a cross to keep Angelus away at one point.