Which rides are a "must-do" at Disneyland and California Adventure...?

It has been a while since I went. Thanks for the update.

I used RideMax a few years ago and it was unbelievably accurate.

Make sure you print multiple itineraries, with multiple start times, to cover for contingencies in arrival time and other unscheduled breaks during the day.

My kids are 5 and 3, and we’ve been to Disneyland/DCA about 7 times since my oldest was born.

In my opinion, the best rides in either park are Toy Story Midway Mania and Soaring over California, both in DCA. Unfortunately, Toy Story is very popular and there is no fastpass for it. But sometimes the wait can be quite short- you never know. Toy Story is close to the rollercoaster California Screamin’, the best rollercoaster in either park. Makes Space Mountain seem tame.

In Disneyland, if you want to go on Dumbo, hit it first thing. Peter Pan is my favorite Fantasyland ride, but it is slow-loading and the line is almost always over 30 minutes for a 1.5 minute ride. I try to avoid it if I can.

Must-sees in Disneyland/DCA (with a 6-year-old - I am assuming she is not easily scared):
**Small World **(look for all the Disney characters)
Mickey’s House in ToonTown (not a ride)
Buzz Lightyear
Pirates of the Carribean
**Haunted Mansion **
Indiana Jones
Star Tours
Toy Story (at least twice!)
Soaring over California
California Screamin’
Monsters Inc
Muppet Show 3D

Tiki Room is good for mid-day since there’s never a long wait. Try to skip Nemo if you can - it’s not worth the very long wait.

If you are interested in getting a guidebook I highly recommend the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland. I found it very useful in figuring out which rides might scare the bejeezus out of my kids.