Which small business accounting software?

Yeah, that part scared me too. The whole thing gave me a sense of “do it our way now, and we’ll blame you later when we realize that we should have done it your way at the start.”

The more I would counsel you to quietly, carefully and professionally gather your most important office things and RUN LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL.

The computer industry is one of the many where the old adage that “you get what you pay for” is totally and completely accurate.

I’ve worked in the computer/networking industry for more than a decade, and the cheap bastards are the first to complain, last to pay, and horribly ignorant of what can and cannot be done with computers.

I used to work for a guy who loved them, though. He would charge them what they thought it should all cost, and when it fell right the hell apart, he’d charge them for everything he fixed. Almost without exception the cheap ass would wind up paying twice as much money for a system they should have purchased in the first place.

You’re begging for trouble.

Well, if they got any startup VC money, the investors might as well wave bye-bye now. These people might make a good proposal but they obviously don’t know jack about what’s important in starting a business. They think they are going to expand to 20 offices, each with 10 accounting workstations? That means each office must be at least a couple hundred people total in each office. With cheapo accounting and hardware systems . . . I predict crash & burn within a year.

Joe_Cool, run, don’t walk, as far away from this disaster in the making as you can.

That’s not true.

A lot of commercial software is shoddy, while much of OSS is very good.