Which song and/or band accompanied the most deflowerings?

Classic: Marvin Gaye’s Let’s Get It On

More Modern: Nine Inch Nail’s Closer

Chris Isaak’s Wicked Game

These songs would definitely be on my “Sex Mix Tape”.

The young lady involved in mine absolutely loved The Fleetwoods “Come Softly To Me”. She had it on the record player, set to repeat, while we made whoopie.

Looking back over the years, I wonder now if there wasn’t some kind of Freudian thing going on there. :smiley:

Why hasn’t anyone nominated Al Greene ? That’s what was playing when my chastity belt came off…

Y’all had music during? I think I got robbed.

Later in life, “So Into You” by the Atlanta Rhythm Section worked for me… something about the tempo.

Early on, however, I owed much to Paul McCartney for “Michelle,” Jim Morrison for “Light My Fire,” but most of all, Eric Clapton for “Sunshine Of Your Love.”

Eazy E.

Automobile.

Dad, don’t you dare read this thread.

Avalon, Roxy Music

Well, I’m almost 36 and the Beatles, Zep., Floyd… while used, all are before my time, technically; not in their heyday when I was of spoilable age.

I’m sure plenty of people lost it to “Open Arms” by Journey; that song has an unfortunate amount of staying power.* Supposedly the most first dances for my age were uncomfortably swayed to the tune of “Crazy For You” by Madonna, so I’d throw that in there too.

“In Your Eyes” by Peter Gabriel was released in '86, and while it didn’t find massive popularity until 1988s Say Anything with extra John Cusack caché, it was around and romaaaaaantic.

Me, I lost my fight** with chastity to the tune of nothing at all … but we both had to play at the Christmas band concert that night. :smiley:

*I HATE IT.
** “fight” = “ow, quit it - never mind, go ahead.”

Yeah, for us Gen Xers it HAS to be Journey. I was in high school 82-85 and that was everywhere. Oofah.

Even later when I was a DJ for dances and such (how I earned dough in college) that was my single most-requested slow song.

I graduated high school in 1983…a bit past the prime of Led Zep & company, but Stairway to Heaven was still the last song at most of the dances I attended. Free Bird was another “must play” song…and both saw frequent airplay on stations likely to be on in parked, foggy windowed, and sometimes rocking vehicles at the local lover’s lane.

When I was a band/orchestra nerd in high school, everybody, but everybody, was wearing out their Miles David CDs.

The first time I did it set to music, I’m pretty sure Kind of Blue was playing.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

And all these years I’ve thought the guy was being creative and original! I had no idea it was from a movie. Boy, I ought to track him down and give him a piece of my mind …