Which TV series would you like to see revived as an HBO series (w/sex and nudity)?

I recall reading somewhere that after Taxi was cancelled from broadcast TV HBO had planned to pick it up. The producer or director (or somebody) told Marilu Henner that the first shot of the new HBO season was going to be of her tits. Whether was said in a joking manner or not, I cannot say; it’s been decades.

All in The Family

“Ohhhhhh Arrrrrrrrrrrchie!”
seriously though, I’d have to go with **Scrubs **also.

ER could have used some nudity- there was certainly enough eye candy on the show, and the situations were written for some classic sex scenes.

I’m biased against Star Trek- I watched most of the shows on first-run as a small boy, and the sexy scenes made me uncomfotable. I wanted the space battles!

I would second 24, the Bochco shows, and early MAS*H- once they started getting preacy, it was all over for Hawkeye.

All in the Family? Sanford & Son? The Jeffersons? MAUDE? naaah.

Baywatch. 'nuff said.

my god, an “All in the Family” simulpost.

:slight_smile:

Now, that’s just sick!

Why? Were your space-pants too tight?
I’d also like to see a Trek show written for adults with appropriate amounts of cursing, sexual relationships that don’t have a lot of dumbed-down emotional significance, and hardcore ruthless violence such than when the Captain puts a guy in the airlock to question him, it’s not 100% certain he’ll actually let him out again.

What can I say? It wasn’t cool to be into girls at that age.

There’s not a Trek show like that, but you’re describing Battlestar Galactica (the new version) fairly well. Also, there’s already too much Panda in Trek.

Can’t argue with that. Not inclined to, either.

Well, crucify me for being a purist, but if you did that, it wouldn’t be a Trek show. Which probably has a lot to do with why they don’t make them any more.

Then again, what you would have would look a lot like Firefly… which got cancelled…

Sledge Hammer.
Oh, yes. Now that’d be interesting.

The women on Petticoat Junction would have looked pretty good naked.

The women on the Andy Griffith Show, less so (but I bet Floyd the Barber was packing serious wang).

WKRP in Cincinnatti!

Cybill.

Moonlighting

Buck Rogers

oh oh oh, I know! The Bob Newhart Show

The recent Undeclared about Freshmen in college. MMMM, Monica Keena… (besides, Carla Gallo already bared it all on HBO in Carnivale)

I had thought Moonlighting but then that would have led to David and Maddy getting it on much sooner which is what led to the crappy last seasons anyway.

At least no one has mentioned Miami Vice yet.

God, yes, if they could have gotten Laura San Giacomo to spill those huge knockers of hers out of those sweaters she used to hide them in. Man, she was stacked.

Uh, it could also have added a lot of credibility to a series about a high fashion magazine to have naked models strutting around all the time. Yep, credibiity, that’s what it’s all about.

:eek: Got a specific episode title that I need to rent with the utmost urgency?!?!?