Which (unrelated) actors could plausibly play close relatives?

Helen Hunt and Leelee Sobieski-- or however you spell her name. I swear they must be related.

LOL! I did see this movie. I don’t remember Harrelson being in it at all. In fact, I don’t remember Martin Landau, Ellen Degeneres, Rob Reiner or Dennis Hopper in it either, but according to the IMDB they all were! (In other words, not really a memorable flick.)

Too funny, these are the first two that immediately came to mind before I opened the thread. Also Redford and Pitt.

What about Kenneth Branagh and Derek Jacobi? In Branagh’s Hamlet they look like they’re more closely related than just uncle and nephew. We’ve been watching the movie in class for a week or so now and I still can’t get over it.

A young actress named Isis Carmen Jones played younger versions of two Whoopi Goldberg characters. She played the young Deloris in “Sister Act” and a younger Guinan in the episode “Rascals” from Star Trek-TNG

Ashley Judd and Charlize Theron could easily play sisters.

Julia Stiles and Erika Christensen resemble each other (so much so that many people seemed to think Stiles played the daughter in Traffic, when it was actually Christensen). I could easily imagine them playing sisters.

I prefer to imagine them in other ways, mind you.

Janeane Garofalo and Jeremy Black, the boy who played the cloned Hitler-child in “The Boys from Brazil.”

Not necessarily. Meg Ryan was originally cast in Kidman’s role in “To Die For”.

Not in the close relative sense, but does anyone else think that Kelsey Grammer would be the best choice to play Bob Hope in a biographical movie?

Jesse Bradford and Nicholas Brendon could easily play brothers.

Kelly Rutherford and Elizabeth Mitchell look extrodinarily alike (although the imdb photo of Kelly looks nothing like her, go figure) so they could easily play sisters, twins even. If you don’t know who they are here are some pics: Kelly Rutherford and Elizabeth Mitchell

My husband is of the firm belief that David James Elliott from JAG and Kyle Secor (warning - popups!) formerly of Homicide could play brothers. I’m not sure, but I’m willing to give it more consideration.

Also, Brittany Murphy and Mena Suvari could pull off sister roles very believably, and Jeremy Northam and Colin Firth could be brothers, or maybe, uh, cousins.

I have to agree about Leelee Sobieski and Helen Hunt – but oddly, I can find no evidence that eithr of them has ever addressed their uncanny similarities but everyone I know who knows movies has mentioned it and I can’t believe that no interviewer has ever asked either of them about it.

Bette Midler and Mayim Bialik - Mayim played Bette’s character as a young girl in Beaches.

Jordana Brewster and Demi Moore

I always thought the blonde headed “leader” of the desert people in “The Road Warrior” looked remarkably like Mick Jagger.

David Hyde Pierce looks enough like Kelsey Grammar to be his brother.

Meryl Streep and Renee Zellweger
Julia Roberts and Monica Potter
Nicole Kidman and Robin Wright Penn (maybe)
Hugh Jackman and Matthew Broderick
Renee Zellweger and Cate Blanchett (maybe)
Anne Bancroft and Diane Wiest
Meg Ryan and Sarah Jessica Parker

One great disappointment in my life is that John Candy died before he could play a father and son role with John Madden.

Forgot the Jodie Foster/Helen Hunt/Leelee Sobieski connection.

And they don’t really look the same, but I think of Matthew Perry as being a young Tom Hanks (ouch - sorry Tom!).

William Shatner (if he could act) and William L. Peterson (Grissom on CSI).
Michael Jackson and E.T.

I’ve got to mention how much Chris Klein resembles a younger Keanu Reeves. When a friend and I first saw the DVD case for Here On Earth, we joked about it being an older Keanu Reeves/Helen Hunt movie.

My best example of poor casting by appearance is Family Business with Sean Connery, Dustin Hoffman and Matthew Broderick as three generations. They even had a discussion about the ethnicity/background of Sean and Dustin’s wives to try to explain it.