Which will happen first? (SC leak/Santos 700G $ revealed/Trump Guilty)

Optimistically, I think we will eventually learn who leaked the Dobbs ruling on the Supreme Court, and what the ultimate source of George Santos’ $700,000 loan to his campaign was, and that Trump will personally be found guilty of a felony in a court of law.

I plan on living long enough for all these things to come to pass. Like I said, I’m an optimist.

But which will happen first? Which second? Which third? And which one will not ever happen, no matter how long you or I live?

Logically, Trump “org” (and associates) is the leakiest, with plenty of people ready to throw each other under the bus. He goes first.

Santos is next, he is a useful idiot. But he has uses. When those uses are used up… under the bus.

Leaking of the Dobbs decision… it is somewhat incredible that a leak occured at all. Probably never

Obviously, IMHO.

I hope it’s okay to put a poll here. These two are based on the OP’s stipulations.

Please vote in only one poll below. Thanks!

What order will the following events happen, assuming they all happen?
(1) We find out who leaked the Dobbs ruling on the Supreme court.
(2) We find out the ultimate source of Geroge Santos’ $700,000 loan to his campaign.
(3) Trump is found guilty of a felony in a court of law.

• 1, 2, 3
  • 1, 3, 2
  • 2, 1, 3
  • 2, 3, 1
  • 3, 1, 2
  • 3, 2, 1

0 voters

Which of the above events will never happen, assuming one or more of them do not happen?

• 1, 2
  • 1, 3
  • 2, 3
  • 1, 2, 3

0 voters

Thank you for that intricate work.

I will offer a home-cooked meal to the first person who gets both questions right (travel to my dining room not included.) Second prize is two home-cooked meals to the second person.

No problem! But aren’t they kind of exclusive? That’s why I divided it into two polls and asked for folks not to vote in both. :wink:

Only “kind of” exclusive: I still want to know which of the two things that WILL happen happens first. So if your third option is one you’ll specify will never happen, then you win the meal(s).

Sounds fair.

I read an article in the NY Times that the SCOTUS investigation didn’t mention talking to the Justices at all. It was a very thorough investigation into everyone else (personal and work cell phones, discussions under oath, etc.), but just left out the Justices.

My point is, we’ll never find out that one. I think Santos gets busted, Trump never goes to trial, and we never find out about the SCOTUS leak.

Santos will never get busted. There may be any number of investigations by any number of state and federal bodies, and committees, but I think recent history has shown how meaningful that ends up being.

I may not be around by the time all this is cleared up - so here it goes:

1 Ginni Thomas
2 Trump
3 Not found guilty.

@Madelyne Your number 2 is only possible if Trump pays for anything without a court ordering him to.