White House likley altered video of Jim Acosta

It sickens me that Trump was a guest on Aoex Jones’ show and that the WH shared a vidro from the Info Wars site. That is a site that has caused so much suffering to the Sandy Hook parents. What pieces of excrement the entire administration are. It makes me wish there were a hell so they could go there.

It’s deeper than that; they are assaulting the concept of truth. That has been their goal from the start. Attack people who try to present facts on the one hand, and drown them out with repetitive falsity on the other. This is how authoritarians behave. Democratic self-rule depends on the citizenry having access to information that enables them to make sound decisions. By poisoning the well, authoritarians create doubt. “Can we really know the difference between truth and fiction?” In the end, over time, the authoritarian truth competes with objective truth, and they try to become the source of “truth.”

It’s critical to understand that this campaign isn’t about attacking a reporter’s credibility; it’s one tactic in an attempt to undermine all of American democracy. A regime that engages in this sort of behavior in undermining the confidence in press freedom is the same one that will also try to undermine public confidence in elections and democracy in any form. This is the danger we’re facing, and while most people look around and feel ‘free’, we’re being assaulted on a daily basis. That’s why I say it over and over again: this is among the gravest threats this country has faced.

Why would you expect anything else from Sarah “Alternate Facts” Sanders?

FTR, I think that was Kellyanne Conway. But I digress. All cats are grey.

And now CNN has sued to get Acosta back in his job: https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/13/media/cnn-sues-trump/index.html.

The plot thickens.

The real purpose is double-edged.

For his supporters, it gives them their talking point.

To everybody else, it says “I am going to lie to you, we both know I’m lying, nothing will happen, and there’s nothing anybody can do about it.”

You’re right. Sometimes I lose track with this revolving door administration. I get Donny Two-scoops’ wife and daughter confused as well, but in my defense, so does he.

It’s the middle that matters. Trump can’t win with his supporters alone, and his opposition can win by themselves either. It’s the middle that determines what happens in a democracy - always. Normally, the center simply influences whether the left or right governs for the next 2-6 years, but the stakes are higher now.

The video shows Acosta hit a woman who was simply doing her job. Acosta then lost his WH lame stream media credentials. Maybe the woman who was assaulted by Acosta should ask for a restraining order against Acosta?

That’s a lie.

This is false, the video does not show this. But the White House is grateful that you are swallowing their incredibly obvious bullshit.

Jim Acosta literally murdered a white house aide in that video and you’re all covering him.

CNN, and Acosta, have no unfettered right to a pass. But they have a right to a decision in writing, a meaningful opportunity to rebut any specific allegations made that support the decision, and the decision must be based on reasons other than the content of Acosta’s speech.

Sherrill v. Knight, 569 F. 2d 124 (DC Cir. 1977).

“lame stream media” again?

Well Fox News is siding with CNN in it’s lawsuit against Trump & co. This is either out of journalist integrity or they really don’t want this precedent set for the next time there’s a Democrat in the White House.

I don’t understand this. Assuming this goes to the SC, can’t the SC just say “No, the President decides who gets press passes”?

While doorhinge’s remark is clearly contradicted by all the genuine evidence, it is still against the rules to accuse a poster of lying.
This is a Warning to avoid such behavior in the future.

[ /Moderating ]

Given the multiple videos that demonstrate that this is not what happened, it is curious that you would rely on a video that has been doctored (and the manner in which it was doctored has been publicly explained). And while it is wrong to claim that you are lying, it makes your participation odd when your remarks are based on a claim that has been demonstrated to be false. Perhaps you should rethink your acceptance of claims from proven liars such as S. H. Sanders and Trump.

No judge worth his legal credentials would rule in favor of CNN.

For starters, the White House press room is a finite resource: there simply is not enough physical room to give a press pass to every person who wants one. There is no compelling First Amendment reason to try to break the laws of physics.

Secondly, CNN is still well-represented even with the absence of Acosta. They have 12(!!!) other credentialed people currently on the roster.

There simply is no room to argue that either the media in general, nor CNN in particular, nor even Acosta, is harmed or is prevented from exercising freedom of speech. Acosta is still a journalist; he still has a job, even if it is not the one that he would prefer. The First Amendment does not compel that a specific journalist be given a specific job.

Perhaps you should read up on the court case Bricker brought up. It makes a pretty clear case for CNN to prevail.