White people: your use of the N word

Oh, yes, there was that name, too. We were a particularly enlightened bunch.

Since I make it clear that I am a woman who would never touch any man physically other than my husband or a blood relative, any suggestion of physical contact or romantic involvement is harassment.

Also a hard “never”. Have sometimes quoted or mentioned the word in question, but never used it in the sense of calling anybody the word, or singing/chanting along with lyrics or jingles or jokes that used the word.

Can’t take much credit for that on my own account, though, as I grew up in the '60s and '70s in a household that was both ideologically quite liberal and behaviorally quite conservative. So nobody ever used the n-word, but nobody ever used the f-word either. Or for that matter the h-word or the d-word, although those you could (just barely) get away with in song lyrics.

I remember pretty clearly the time in my teens when I first said “fucking” within the family circle, got unambiguously in trouble for it, and to the best of my recollection didn’t utter the word again till I got to college. Didn’t really seem to hamper my ability to express myself, though.

So this justifies utilizing the tools of white supremacy? If a Roma man did this would you call him a gyppo, or whatever the worst slur for Roma people?

It’s wrong to belittle and demean people using the tools of white supremacism, full stop. There are no excuses or rationalizations, and this includes your excuse that some men fail to read your mind that you aren’t interested in romantic advances. There are plenty of other insults that aren’t the tools of white supremacism.

So please stop aiding and abetting white supremacists.

You’re so cute when you’re angry!

Moderator Action

Since this thread keeps getting derailed, I think we’re done here. Closed.