Who are your favorite Major League Baseball teams?

I completely agree. It’s like having more than one wife. It’s just not done.

Let’s go, Yan-kees! Let’s go!

It’s strange to be a longtime Phillies fan. People who only met me recently accuse me of being a bandwagoneer. They don’t know the years I spent agonizing over loss after loss, looking through the sports pages and saying, “Well, at least they don’t have the worst record in the majors”…or saying, “Well, at least they aren’t too far from the second-worst record in the majors.” When the best player on the team was Von “Five-for-one” Hayes. When Steve Jeltz was our “offensive powerhouse” (career stats: five home runs in nine years, with a .210 batting average). When the most dangerous lineup the Phils could put out was nine of the rats from the 700 level of the Vet.

Now, what the hell? The Phillies have the third highest payroll in baseball? Ryan Howard and Jimmy Rollins, commercial superstars? TWO PENNANTS IN A MOTHERFARKING ROW???

Since “whoever is playing the Yankees” wasn’t an option, I chose the Giants. I’m not particularly fond of baseball, but they are the home team.

Cards. Grew up in IL about 80 miles from Busch Stadium and now live in MO. Cards have the tradition and is a great baseball town. Still haven’t been to the new stadium, but will do that ASAP.

Six month old poll on the exact same subject. Yeah, copycat polls (even unintentional ones) are our now part and parcel on the board (and it will only get worse as time goes on).

We have a rivalry on either side? :confused: First I’ve heard of it.

Now, like many others, I do hate the Yankees, and “anyone playing the Yankees” would have been #2 on my list, but it has nothing to do with my love for the Mets or sharing a city. I felt the same when I still followed the Phillies.

Agreed. There’s no rivalry, we just can’t stand you lousy jackoffs that call yourselves Yankees fans.

Born and raised Chicago Cubs fan.

The memories… Ivan DeJesus, Barry Foote, Jose Cardinal, Dave Kingman, the guy who pitched like his hair was on fire…

And it looks like the Cubs had a great start this year, too. [/sarcasm]

We’re all behind our baseball team
Go get 'em, Tigers!
World series bound and picking up steam
Ge get 'em, Tigers!

Some Dodger fan you are.

Where to Nazis rank on your list? Between serial killers and Satan, or immediately below them, but still ahead of NYY? :slight_smile: