Who do you think killed JFK?

The Saddam Hussein gang?

Colonel Mustard.

With the lead pipe.

In the Library?

The Illuminati.
I’ve said too much already.

I’m pretty sure Iraq was involved in some way.

Jack Ruby’s “mob ties” were mostly in his head. As Dallas’ police chief put it at the time, “If Jack Ruby was in the Mafia, the Mafia needs a new personnel director.”

It was a conspiracy consisting of Mick Jagger and myself.

My personal favorite theory that I created: Jackie ordered the hit, as a final revenge for the humiliation and pain she suffered due to JFK’s constant boning of anything female that moved. She then played the part of the grieving wife on an academy award level. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Muhuhuhahahahah!

The Zapruder film makes it hard for me to believe that the only bullets came from Oswald’s direction. I’ve shot enough animals to know that tissue bits get blown out in the same direction the bullet was traveling, not back towards the shooter.

I’ve never observed a “reflex action” in which an animal shot in the head jerks in any direction, as the many foot-pounds of energy involved in a hit by a high powered rifle pretty much prevent normal muscle/nerve reactions.

Who arranged it and for what purpose I don’t pretend to know.

JFK from an alternate future in which Lee Harvey Oswald was accidentally knocked out of the window was persuaded to come back and set things right. He hid behind the grassy knoll and shot his past self…

I miss Red Dwarf…

House Select Committee on Assassinations disagrees.

http://ourworld-top.cs.com/mikegriffith1/id153.htm

God.

Starving Artist, that theory doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

I’ve been to Dealey Plaza. The street layout and the buildings haven’t changed at all in the past forty years.

It’s obvious that there are lots of places for someone to take a shot at a motorcade, and then vanish into the crowd. The Book Depository was a good candidate. So was the grassy knoll, and the fence behind it. Someone could have even taken shots from the overpass.

Given all of this, why on earth would someone plan to shoot Kennedy by popping up from a manhole? It doesn’t stand to reason.

As for me, all evidence points to Oswald, alone.

Cultist of the Great Cthulhu did it.

IA! IA! CTHULHU! R’LYEH!

The shot from the front theory looks so obvious, but it isn’t that simple. If I remember correctly, one of the networks demonstrated by firing into melons that objects may indeed slam back toward the shooter.

It’s probably pointless to mention once again that they were several witnesses who watched Oswald shooting at Kennedy from a window. In a building Oswald worked in. In a room Oswald was observed entering and leaving. Where a rifle was found with Oswald’s fingerprints on it. A rifle that belonged to Oswald. Which would have fit inside the package Oswald brought to work that morning.

But I guess we’ll never unravel this mystery because of the lack of evidence.

While it’s true there were many places a person could have fired from, there are other considerations as well.

The Book Depository doesn’t fit with the obvious trajectories of the bullets that hit Kennedy, as the Zapruder film clearly shows. I’m not sure that Oswald was entirely innocent, however. He could have fired the shot that hit Connally, the bullet passing through his shoulder and wrist and into his thigh.

To try to lug a high-powered rifle around, even if it’s in a case, and get into position on the grassy knoll or behind the fence would be very chancy to say the least. People are coming and going in all directions looking for the chance to see Kennedy and Jackie, children are running around playing and looking all around, and even on an overpass it would be highly unlikely that someone could stand at the railing with a rifle awaiting the proper time to fire without being spotted. And I’m not sure, but I would expect traffic would have been halted or detoured around the street in question, so the shooter would be even more exposed.

By contrast, look at what an excellent advantage it would be to be firing from inside the manhole. I know it sound comical to think of a killer popping up out of a manhole to shoot at the president, but this scenario presents lots of advantages for the shooter, and it squares with the obvious trajectory of the fatal bullet. It would be much easier for the shooter to enter the underground system and get to his vantage point, rifle in hand and unnoticed. And while the manhole cover would possibly be heavy, it could be propped open four or five inches to allow for a view of the motorcade. No one would likely be paying any attention to a manhole cover, and even if someone were to notice it was ajar it still wouldn’t be seen as cause for alarm. They would probably dismiss it and look away. Then, even if he had to pop up out of the manhole to fire, which is likely, everyone by then would have been looking at Kennedy and Jacqueline. And once Kennedy had been shot, even if he had been spotted as he popped up and fired, so what? He ducks back down again and hurries off to any of a virtually limitless number of exit points, and who is going to go down into a manhole after a man with a gun? The expectation would be that you’d be killed just trying to get down into it.

To me this scenario makes a lot more sense than Oswald firing three shots in record time from above and behind the motorcade, hitting Connally with the “magic bullet” that somehow passes through Kennedy’s throat parallel to the street and then through Connally’s shoulder before instantly taking a 90 degree dive through his wrist and into his thigh, and with the head shot that killed Kennedy causing his skull fragments, blood and brain tissue to explode up and to the left rear when the bullet came from above and to the right, and causing some sort of otherwise unknown bodily reflex to propel Kennedy up and to his left, especially when any reflex of this type would have caused his body to flex first, with his neck bowing and his head snapping back afterwards, rather than his head being forced up and to his left with his body following, as the Zapruder film clearly shows.

To me, the Oswald in the School Book Depository makes the least sense of them all. As I said, Oswald may indeed have fired from the book depository, but I believe the two shots that hit Kennedy came from two other shooters that were either there as back-ups in case Oswald missed, or just to be more certain the assassination would be successful.

As far as who did it, and the motivations of the Warren Commission that came up with such hooey for an explanation, I could only speculate. But the conventional wisdom (which often turns out to be right) is that it was either the Mafia acting out of a sense of outrage and betrayal over their having become a target of Bobby Kennedy’s Justice Department after having delivered Chicago, and therefore the election, to Kennedy; or that it was the CIA acting out revenge for Kennedy’s having pulled the plug on the Bay of Pigs invasion when it was too late for the Cuban freedom fighters to pull back, leaving them to be slaughtered by Castro’s troops.

I suppose either would be sufficient motivation for high-level government to try to cover it up. On the one hand, if it was the Mafia, it would become public knowledge that there was collusion between the Mafia and the Kennedy presidency; and if it was the CIA, upper-level government certainly wouldn’t want it becoming public knowledge that an American president was assassinated by his own intelligence service.

Back wound. Throat wound. The throat wound is clearly lower than the back wound.

And who, precisely, makes such a claim? Nobody, so far as I know, except perhaps for loony conspiratorial types.

Nothing else in your post is worth bothering with.

Dammit.

Back wound.

Throat wound.

The throat wound like you posted won’t open, however I’ve seen the pictures before and there isn’t that much difference in their location, and certainly nowhere near enough for the bullet to have come from high and to the rear, not to mention that such a wound, if inflicted by Oswald from the book depository, would have travelled down and to his left, rather that straight from back to front as it did.

Well, just for fun why don’t you try anyway? Show me where I’m wrong. It should be easy for someone whose vastly superior intelligence allows for such dismissive ripostes.

Look again and try to visualize the spot on Kennedy’s back where the bullet hold was relative to the point at which his neck meets his back. The two wounds appear to me to be virtually level…horizontally, that is.