Who is the most prolific poster?

This question is probably directed at the mods. I calculated that at roughly 10 posts a day, I may be the most prolific as of late. Any real data to support this?

Well, I’m not a mod, but I play one on TV…

Our very own handy has, by far, the most posts with just over 10,000. So, you’ve got quite a way to go to catch up.

A poster (who shall remain nameless) recently did a study of posts/day. IIRC, the top posters had more than 10+/day.

Zev Steinhardt

I think the Farrah Fawcett poster was pretty prolific!
Sorry, I couldn’t resist!
-Waneman

Actually, if you calculate the number of posts handy has made, it is slightly under 10 posts a day.

I have made 350 posts per month since June of 2001. If I had made that many since March of 1999(when handy registered) I would have well over 12,000 posts. Handy just cleared 10,000.

So what relevancy does this have? There is no direct correlation between the number of posts and the contributions one makes to this Board. In fact, there may be an inverse correlation.

“So what relevancy does this have? There is no direct correlation between the number of posts and the contributions one makes to this Board. In fact, there may be an inverse correlation.”

I have made that point before. I said ‘high post counts are not an indicator of high intelligence’

However, seeing that a lot of high post count people have been banned, I might change my mind on that one.

[FairyTale]
Wishbone:
Moderator, moderator
On the wall
Who’s the most prolific
Poster of them all?
Magic Moderator
You are prolific,
this is true,
but there is one
posts more than you!

::Wishbone shrieks and throws mod against the wall, calling in henchmen

[/FairyTale]

If someone new registers and posts 5 minutes later, that works out to be a rate of 288 posts per day. Beats the hell out of you. :slight_smile:

Arden Ranger and I both average over 12 posts a day. And someone else averages more than I do, though I don’t remember who. You can do a search for it in MPSIMS if you like.

this

is

inane

**handy said
[/quote]
However, seeing that a lot of high post count people have been banned, I might change my mind on that one.
[/quote]
Which was in reference to

Which would indicate that you believe that a high post count does correlate with high intelligence, which would negate your first post that said high post counts are not indicative of high intelligence.

Which would indicate to me that high post counts are often indicative of quick posting which is quite often indicative of fuzzy thinking and indicative of wishing to post quickly rather than clearly(of which I am guilty sometimes). But, since my post count is not in the mega class, I hope that I usually think before I post. As opposed to…you get the picture.

What a bold statement Sam.

Those moderators sure do a lot of posting though don’t they ?

I’ve got to think it is one of them.

[embarassed mode on] Thanks, funneefarmer. I knew that I posted in haste. Just wished that I had misspleled a word. [/embarassed mode off]

Being prolific is much less important than other things, such as proper selection of forums.

This thread is closed.