Who is your favorite Springfield resident and what's your fave phrase?

I have a warm spot for Skinner, he’s my favorite. Most right on the money best characterization is Comic Book Guy.

Homer, but my favorite line was byan anonymous nobody in line for the Itchy & Scratchy Movie…“I regret nothing!”

You know, if you’re right (and I’ll bet against myself and say you are), I want to cry.

Now, I COULD find out, but as my favorite character is Homer…you know I’m not going to. :slight_smile:

I don’t really have a favorite but one of my fave lines is from Ralph, “Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers.”

Is that who says “You might remember me from such information kiosks as…”?
Also an honorable mention for “Upon further inspection, I am wearing loafers”/“The goggles, they do nothing!”

Milhouse.

Too many good lines for a favorite, so I’ll go with one that always cracks me up (courtesy of Milhouse): “So this is what it feels like…when doves cry!”

Yesssss! I use that one a lot too. Another Kent Brockman quote I use sometimes is “I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: democracy simply doesn’t work.”

No, that’s probably Troy McClure. “You may remember me from such self-help videos as Smoke Yourself Thin! or Get Confident, Stupid!

I’m mad because I came here to say this.
:slight_smile:

I’m mildly surprised that no one has used “DOH!”

I know that *should *be my favorite, but I like Willie’s just a tad more…

I wish that I had Jesse’s girl…

What?

I have a fondness for Dr. Hibbert, since we share the same Alma Mater.

Favorite quote is tough, that changes a lot.

At the moment, it’s Homer: “Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals… except the weasel.”

Yeah, I have ones I enjoy seeing on the show, but maybe my favorites are the ones I actually use regularly. “Mmmmm, beer nuts”, “That’s a perfectly cromulent <whatever>”, and the aforementioned breathy “Excellent”.

Favorite Springfieldian is known as either Clerk, or Sarcastic Middle Aged Guy.

“My cat’s breath smells like cat food.”

Chief Wiggum.

There are so many quotes from him that had me in tears from laughing so hard.

When the grave of Springfield founder Jebediah Springfield is opened up:

Wiggum: OH MY GOD! Somebody replaced the body of Jebediah Springfield with a SKELETON! (the following ventriloquist act Chief Wiggum has with the skull is hysterically funny, in my opinion).

Or…

Marge goes to the police to report Sideshow Bob’s letters threatening to murder Bart.

Wiggum: (laughing) Well Ma’am. I wish I could help you out, but you know, there really is no law against sending people threatening letters in the mail.

Marge: Excuse me, but I think there is!

Wiggum: OH, that’ll be the day when I need to take cop lessons from Ma Kettle.

And let’s not forget Sideshow Bob’s Parole Hearing:

Wiggum: Sideshow Bob has no decency; he called ME Chief PIGGUM! (spectators laugh which embarrasses Wiggum at first but then he laughs and says:) Oh, hey, that’s pretty funny. Oh yeah, I get it now; that’s good…

Yes that quote “I…don’t know” from the post office when Homer is pretending to be Mr. Burns to retrieve a nasty letter that Homer wrote to his boss. Totally hilarious line because it’s unexpected as well. Next line:

Homer: (sarcastically) “Nice PLAN, Bart!”

My favorite character has to be Homer.

He had my favorite quote as well. When he was stuck on the Springfield monorail, Marge said she found someone to help him. Homer asks if it’s Batman. When Marge says no, it’s a scientist. Homer says, “Batman’s a scientist.”

Favourite character? Lionel Hutz.

Phrase? Eat the pudding eat the pudding.

Favorite character: Tibor

Favorite quote: “Why can’t he be both, like the late Earl Warren?”

Not my favorite but the other day I saw a rerun with Tushie, who is Fat Tony’s niece, and he mentioned that she spent two semesters studying Contemporary Italian-American Design at Sandy Hook Vocational Institute.

Yes, when I heard that name my face looked like this: :eek: